ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Thoughts, Notes On U-M Targets From St. John Bosco vs. Mater Dei

EJ Holland

Recruiting Monkey
Apr 25, 2019
Chicago
I made my way to Los Angeles over the weekend to watch the biggest high school game of the year nationally as St. John Bosco collided with rival Mater Dei in a matchup of two programs that consistently tun out DI talent. Aside from hanging out with five-star defensive back Domani Jackson, who is out for the year, I saw a number of underclassmen with Michigan offers. Here are some brief thoughts and notes on all of them.

Mater Dei

WR Marcus Harris (2025) — Harris did not play on Friday night, but he's definitely a name to know for the future. Considered one of the best 2025 recruits in the nation, Harris visited Michigan this summer and earned an offer while on campus. New Director of Player Personnel Courtney Morgan has deep ties in this recruitment.

OL Brandon Baker (2024) — Baker was the most impressive of all of Mater Dei's underclassmen. At 6-foot-5, 290 pounds, Baker is a big athletic kid that projects as an elite interior offensive lineman at the next level. He played a lot of tackle and really impressed. Michigan was the second school to offer and should be in the mix down the line.

LB Leviticus Sua (2023) — Michigan defensive line coach Shaun Nua extended an offer this offseason. Nua has strong Polynesian ties, which could help Michigan in this recruitment if they decide to push. The Rivals250 recruit filled gaps quickly and looked like a natural inside backer. Texas is considered the early favorite in his recruitment.

LB Ramere Davis (2024) — Michigan recruited Davis older brother, Raesjon, who currently plays for USC. Ramere is an intriguing prospect in his own right. At this point, he is more of a linebacker/safety hybrid. It will be interesting to see how his body develops over the next few years.

DB Zabien Brown (2024) — Bosco attacked Brown early, but he bounced back with a couple of nice plays in the second half. He's a young tall, long corner with upside who is only going to get better. I think he's going to be one of the best corners in his class. Michigan is one of several major schools that jumped in the mix early on.

St. John Bosco

LB Kyngstonn Viliamu-Asa (2024) — Viliamu-Asa did not play in Friday night's game due to injury. However, Viliamu-Asa projects as one of the best prospects in his class. The aforementioned Nua offered him this offseason, and Viliamu-Asa told me he's interested in learning more about Michigan moving forward.

DB RJ Jones (2023) — A Rivals250 recruit, Jones is an athletic safety that covered well from the nickel and didn't let much get behind him while playing more of a traditional safety role. Michigan offered him this offseason, but he is very high on Ohio State as well as several schools out West.

DB Jshawn Fraustos-Ramos (2023) — Another Rivals250 prospect, Fraustos-Ramos has really good length and the flexibility to play all over the secondary at the next level. I thought he flashed a little more than Jones. Michigan offered in the spring, like Jones, he is high on Ohio State as well as several schools out West.

DB Marcelles Williams (2024) — Williams is the younger brother of USC defensive back Max Williams and Arizona State defensive back Macen Williams. Marcelles is a great young cover corner and has a chance to be one of the best in his class. While he'll eventually be a tough pull out West, Michigan is in on him early.

DB Peyton Woodyard (2024) — Woodyard impressed me the most out of all the Bosco underclassmen. He's an intriguing athletic specimen with a ton of speed and natural instincts. I think he may be a Top 50 player nationally in his class. Michigan did a great job of identifying him early.

ATH Matayo Uiagalelei (2023) — Uiagalelei is the younger brother of Clemson quarterback DJ Uiagalelei. The Rivals100 prospect can play defensive end or tight end at the next level and flashed at both positions on Friday night. Nua is close to Uiagalelei's father, but there hasn't been too much interest in Michigan so far.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News