ADVERTISEMENT

This place looks different somehow

One thing --- it appears that whatever boards you were banned from, it appears that none of those bans exist any longer.

So, happy trolling!

Whoa, weird. So is thread view now gone forever? There's no way to reply in a subject line??

Not to start a thread vs topic view war (we all know hybrid was the best anyway), but thread view has been written out of most message board software. All the major software (vBulletin, phpBB, MyBB, Xenforo [the one used by Rivals], etc.) pretty much only have topic view as a default. You'd have to install a special addon to have thread view, if they even exist. I use a modded myBB for the new Basement that lets posters have an option, but it's clunky. Thread view is a dinosaur.

Reactions: anon_sg4bgyiuileo1
i'm not crazy about this, either. But, I used to purchase capital equipment for manufacturing plants, and nobody liked their new machines - until they loved them six months later, when they were used to them.

Not to start a thread vs topic view war (we all know hybrid was the best anyway), but thread view has been written out of most message board software. All the major software (vBulletin, phpBB, MyBB, Xenforo [the one used by Rivals], etc.) pretty much only have topic view as a default. You'd have to install a special addon to have thread view, if they even exist. I use a modded myBB for the new Basement that lets posters have an option, but it's clunky. Thread view is a dinosaur.

This. This was really the only board that still embraced it.

I never understood the love for thread view here.

ADVERTISEMENT