ADVERTISEMENT

Thinking about buying a big NEW panel for Super Bowl?You might benefit from waiting until around May: 2021 looks to have nice improvements

WOLVERNOLE

Michigan Man
May 1, 2002
Woodbridge, Virginia
Just a heads up for prospective purchasers of a big new TV panel. There are a lot of folks out there thinking about buying a new one for Super Bowl viewing, although in these days of Covid, Super Bowl parties will likely be very limited.
Well, I just wanted to offer a heads up- 2021 promises to be quite a big improvement year from Samsung, LG, TCL and certainly including SONY.
Yes, the best “deals” are seen around the traditional “Black Friday” in November and then again around March (when 2021 models will start to roll out).
A lot of innovations are coming 2nd quarter 2021 from the aforementioned manufacturers. Some years, they make few improvements. This year, the word is “brighter” and superior contrast/inky blacks.
There is an increased “push” to sell you 8K.
I say...”R E S I S T 8K.”

So again, bottom line, consider holding off purchasing and when you DO buy, ahhh, 8K is not worth it. We are struggling to get networks to get more 4K to us !

GO BLUE !!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News