ADVERTISEMENT

The Yost Post Pick-Em results are in and we have a winner...

Puckhead

All-American
Jun 4, 2001
sorry it took until now, but I was out of town the last four days and got things caught up as soon as I could once back in Ann Arbor.

So before getting to the winner let's cover the odd parts. For the first time I believe in the history of the Pick-Em not a single person picked the ultimate winner; nobody. One person picked both semi-final games, but picked wrong on the winner (as did we all).

In the battle between father and son (Brockman26 vs son Sam's Army), Sam's Army won 10-9 so congratulations to the army and don't let dad live this one down :)

And now without further ado, not that there is much ado to begin with, we have our third repeat winner as HOmer brings home the virtual hardware for the second time in the Pick-Em, with his last win coming at the end of the 2004-2005 campaign. There were no tie breakers needed and while a few people picked up some bonus points that made a difference in the early round standings, they had no impact here. Picking the winners for both semi-final games really pushed HOmer past everyone else, ultimately cruising to victory with a five point cushion. As always it's never a bad idea to check my math and I'll include a link to the Pick-Em at the bottom to assist in that and so everyone can view the carnage. If something is wrong let me know.

So congratulations to HOmer on winning this years rendition of the Yost Post Pick-Em. Sadly you win nothing but the right to lord it over us all for the next year as the best picker in the realm.

To everyone, thanks for participating and have a good off season, well as good as it can be when it looks like the number of early departs is going to be larger than anything we've seen in the past (hopefully that doesn't happen, but it sure seems like it right now).

http://www.steve.weston.name/FrozenFour/2016_FrozenFourPicks.htm

Thanks for running it. I think that this year's prize money should be doubled, given the dominating margin of victory. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT