ADVERTISEMENT

The other side of the coin...

let me speculate

Ferentz decides to motivate Riddick by "demoting" his starter to light a fire under his butt. But Riddick reacts just the opposite and tells Ferentz that his offense sucks and so does his recruiting/coaching ability.

About the only thing the Hawks have going for them is Norm Parker's defensive philosophy and that is to have inside the box defenders pretty much freeze and then read-and-react. That puts the emphasis on the offense. In UM's case it corralled DR, took away the short passing lanes and makes the offensive pound away.

On the other hand once behind Iowa was pretty much done in.

btw, do you expect a defensive end to know the ins-and-outs of an offensive player?

It's nice to read a football post, for a change.

we can go with some other speculation...

by some who are in the know....

Allegedly (I wasn't there, can't say it's true), Beathard and his father threatened to transfer if Ferentz didn't name him the starter. Ferentz apparently caved and released a depth chart in January (something he has apparently never done) and named Beathard the starter. Then, Rudock transferred.

I don't blame Rudock for leaving, and I don't blame some guy on the team for feeling like Rudock abandoned them.

Jake has an opportunity to go from a decent coach who has had mediocre QB's to a guy considered a "QB Guru." He also wants to be a doctor, and the education he will receive is also part of his motivation to come to Michigan.

Re: we can go with some other speculation...

Originally posted by goblue31602:

Allegedly (I wasn't there, can't say it's true), Beathard and his father threatened to transfer if Ferentz didn't name him the starter. Ferentz apparently caved and released a depth chart in January (something he has apparently never done) and named Beathard the starter. Then, Rudock transferred.

I don't blame Rudock for leaving, and I don't blame some guy on the team for feeling like Rudock abandoned them.

Jake has an opportunity to go from a decent coach who has had mediocre QB's to a guy considered a "QB Guru." He also wants to be a doctor, and the education he will receive is also part of his motivation to come to Michigan.
Wrong on all counts......mid-season KF said he wanted to play both QBs, "someone" didn't like that and spoke out about it. There was crap being thrown out by Jakes "camp" since mid-season, even so far as to get Jakes HS coach involved. CJs dads interview didn't happen until pre-bowl game and basically in retaliation to what Jakes dad and coach were saying.
Don't put this on CJ or his dad....this whole thing started with Jake and his dad, and ended with him and his dad burning enough bridges he said he was taking his ball and going elsewhere....then and only then did KF post a new roster showing CJ as the starter.
BTW, I have to give KF kudos for showing Jakes dad and coach just how much their opinion matters....by sharing snaps with the 1s and playing CJ in the bowl game. About the only compliment I've given him in years..
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Re: we can go with some other speculation...

Originally posted by Duhawk47:
Originally posted by goblue31602:

Wrong on all counts......mid-season KF said he wanted to play both QBs, "someone" didn't like that and spoke out about it. There was crap being thrown out by Jakes "camp" since mid-season, even so far as to get Jakes HS coach involved. CJs dads interview didn't happen until pre-bowl game and basically in retaliation to what Jakes dad and coach were saying.
Don't put this on CJ or his dad....this whole thing started with Jake and his dad, and ended with him and his dad burning enough bridges he said he was taking his ball and going elsewhere....then and only then did KF post a new roster showing CJ as the starter.
BTW, I have to give KF kudos for showing Jakes dad and coach just how much their opinion matters....by sharing snaps with the 1s and playing CJ in the bowl game. About the only compliment I've given him in years..
3dgrin.r191677.gif
Interesting. Well, that crap won't fly at Michigan either, it may have with Hoke, but it WON'T with Harbaugh, that much is certain.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT