ADVERTISEMENT

Something unique is going on that was indirectly dealt with by Spath

Reality Man

Heisman
Feb 9, 2002
and Borton and discussed by AB in a different thread. Slightly different take.

They are talking about all these transfers coming into the program and competing, etc. How does this impact the roster and culture.

Another way at looking at this Harbaugh mindset (good in my opinion) is that he is telling potential transfers that they will get every shot at a job regardless of how long they have been at UM. Most people would feel politics would get in the way of a fair shot.

If I am 'x' player...what am I looking for in a new school. Yes...a fresh start but more importantly an opportunity to put my skills I have learned into action. I want to play and want a fair shake. People leave jobs for a better opportunity. People come from other countries for a better life....to have an opportunity to succeed.

The point being made is that if there is a position of weakness on a team..whatever it may be...kids from other areas are going to strongly consider Harbaugh and UM. He wasn't joking when he said it would be a meritocracy. There is no sense entitlement even if you were the previous starter. You have to earn your job and keep your job. The games are going to be easy relative to the practices.

Reality Man

ADVERTISEMENT