ADVERTISEMENT

So, what do we want to see?

jz597

Letterman
Feb 27, 2016
Outside of the obvious answer of 2 blowout wins, what would make you happy leaving Yost this weekend? For me, it would be a commitment to team defense. I know we've said this for years, but with so many new players, there's a real opportunity for a culture change and to play the way that we always hear that the team wants to play.

I suppose we'll see soon enough.

Some major defensive improvement by the forwards from last weekend.

Some more confidence with the puck by the freshmen- it was bouncing around a little too much.

That should result in two wins- there's a lot of talent on the team.

I would like to see Adam Winborg in the lineup, but apparently another brilliant NCAA rule is requiring him to sit out the first 5 games of the season.

Beyond that - us to pitch a couple of shutouts.

October hockey is always scrambly and unpredictable. Remember, these teams have barely had a week of organized practice.

Union returns 11 of their top 12 scorers and a Mike Richter Trophy watch list goaltender from last season, a team which tied Michigan at home.

My expectations of Michigan are quite modest, but I look forward to seeing how quickly the team can gel and mature. Really looking forward to regular season hockey.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT