ADVERTISEMENT

So what are we thinking on THE series?

I do this thing with the Daily writers up in the box, where I predict the score and the Michigan goal scorers. I have 5-3 tonight good guys. Goal scorers: JT Compher (2), Alex Kile (1), Cooper Marody (1) and Kyle Connor (1).

Loss tomorrow, 4-2. Motte and Selman score.

Here's my column too: https://michigan.n.rivals.com/news/michigan-hockey-wolverines-face-critical-matchup-with-minnesota

I think a split as well. The CCM line will dominate one of the games and we will win 6-3 and then lose one 5-4.

I do this thing with the Daily writers up in the box, where I predict the score and the Michigan goal scorers. I have 5-3 tonight good guys. Goal scorers: JT Compher (2), Alex Kile (1), Cooper Marody (1) and Kyle Connor (1).

Here's my column too: https://michigan.n.rivals.com/news/michigan-hockey-wolverines-face-critical-matchup-with-minnesota

Good stuff MS! I am already in playoff mode. This is a huge weekend! Giving up on a few easy wins this year did hurt. That Robert Morris game....ugh! The Wisky and OSU ties stung a bit too! I am pumped for the NCAA tourney. I have booked rooms in each city even though I firmly believe we wil play in Cincy or Albany.

Okay MS, I predicted 6-3 and got 6-2! I want to be wrong about Fri night!

The last 5 min 8 sec were crazy!

14:52 Goal by Mich Kile

16:27 Goal by Mich Shuart

17:12 Goal by Mich Connor

17:23 Goal by Minny Johnson

18:28 Goal by Minny Novak

Well, that is not how I wanted to be right.

D is better than the beginning of the year, but still not good enough. Not for an off night for our O.

You guys were right again. Great night of hockey, just unfortunately one team had to lose. Racine and your front line have wins ahead of them.

The good thing for Michigan is the Wolverines are all but a lock for the NCAAs. Minnesota may have to win the tourney to get in. Hopefully our battles will be a strength come tourney time. Haven't keep up with PSU lately(will have to look it up) but they have played some decent hockey this season. They could also be a factor?

Anyway,

See you in St. Paul!

Cheers!

You guys were right again. Great night of hockey, just unfortunately one team had to lose. Racine and your front line have wins ahead of them.

The good thing for Michigan is the Wolverines are all but a lock for the NCAAs. Minnesota may have to win the tourney to get in. Hopefully our battles will be a strength come tourney time. Haven't keep up with PSU lately(will have to look it up) but they have played some decent hockey this season. They could also be a factor?

Anyway,

See you in St. Paul!

Cheers!
PSU is a lot closer to the tournament than Minny is at this point. Ok, 2 places may not *seem* a lot, but only AHC does not have a team in the top 16. So *IF* the high ranked teams win out, PSU would be 2nd to last in, Minny- first out.

But we have seen quite a lot of movement in the bottom end over the past few years- since we were in the same place both of the last two years.

The big question is how much of a factor they need to be.

That, and they have given us the hardest time.... scary.

PSU is a lot closer to the tournament than Minny is at this point. Ok, 2 places may not *seem* a lot, but only AHC does not have a team in the top 16. So *IF* the high ranked teams win out, PSU would be 2nd to last in, Minny- first out.

But we have seen quite a lot of movement in the bottom end over the past few years- since we were in the same place both of the last two years.

Yeah, it is going to be really hard for the Gophers to get in. I think they have to win the tourney.

Anyway,

See you in St. Paul!

Cheers!
It was great college hockey. Racine did NOT play well at all. Good luck.

Actually the NCHC has a team at 17 right now (Tech) so they would push the line to 14 if they didn't crack the top-16 by season's end. There won't be much movement this year as the PWR is now only three components, unless a team loses or ties a really bad team. St. Cloud got swept at home by Duluth and only went from 2 to 3. NoDak got swept by Denver on the road and their pwr stayed the same. Minn has to win the tourney to get in, four wins against msu and wisc won't push them up much. PSU can get in as an at large as long as they split wit Michigan and sweep Wisconsin.

Actually the NCHC has a team at 17 right now (Tech) so they would push the line to 14 if they didn't crack the top-16 by season's end. There won't be much movement this year as the PWR is now only three components, unless a team loses or ties a really bad team. St. Cloud got swept at home by Duluth and only went from 2 to 3. NoDak got swept by Denver on the road and their pwr stayed the same. Minn has to win the tourney to get in, four wins against msu and wisc won't push them up much. PSU can get in as an at large as long as they split wit Michigan and sweep Wisconsin.
Looking at again, you are right, except you mean the WCHA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT