Senior Editor
Staff
May 24, 2016
Woodhaven, MI
Record (Nov. 1, 2021): 49-32-1
Record yesterday: 0-4
Dog of the Day: 3-2

So, uh, about last night ...

We got the worst day of the year out of the way early. How rough was that one?

For those who missed it, we went 0-4 yesterday, our first winless day in STE's history.

The NHL over was never close. But the rest, man, yikes -- we had some bad beats.

We had ...

- GB -0.5 (1Q) and the Lions, down 7-0, decided to play football and Kalif Raymond scored a 75-yard touchdown with a little over a minute left. Heartbreaker.
- LAC -3, who probably had no business covering that line based on the game itself, however, I watched arguably the best football game ever only to suffer a brutal beat.
- TEN/HOU u43 looked like it was hitting with flying colors nearing halftime with a 7-0 Titans lead ... aaaand then the Titans scored 14 more before half ... aaaand then the Texans scored 25 points in the second half.

Ugh.

Now that the worst-day-ever is over, we can move on and every day could be the best day ever! ;)

We're still 16.5 above 50% in our picks, a very good spot to be in IMO.

So the show goes on, buckle up, because tonight is a big one in college football.

NCAAF:

Game: ALA vs. UGA, 8:30PM
Edges: I'm all over Georgia here for more reasons than its performance against Michigan, and throughout the season. The line has moved from UGA -2.5 out to -3, and sharp money has been hammered today, showing the strongest signal of any in nearly a week. I'm a believer in the difficulty of beating a team twice, and I don't see that happening for Alabama. We've all known this was the more likely matchup based on the field, despite the Michigan allegiances, and since the field was set I've been high on UGA winning the natty. I've got the sharps on the right side, too, so I'll take those edges and run with it.
Pick: UGA -3

NBA:

Game
: BKN @ POR, 10:00PM
Edges: The line has moved down from BKN -10.5 to BKN 8.5 due to a lot of sharp action coming in on POR following the news that James Harden was ruled out with a knee injury. With the price driving down two points, I'm going to take POR. This system -- taking the right side of a line change following an injury -- worked for us last week when we took NOP ML following the news that GSW would be without Steph Curry. That line was at ML at the time of writing but moved to NOP -1 by tip-off. While I'm not on POR ML here, I will grab them at +7,5 or better.
Pick: POR +8.5

Game: UTA @ DET, 7:00PM
Edges: 74-percent of the money compared to 31-percent of the bets are on the over. With the strong sharp action coming in, the line has driven up from 221 to 224, and out to 224.5. I'm going to go with the two signals here and take the over.
Pick: o224

NO DOG OF THE DAY TODAY :(

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News