ADVERTISEMENT

Saw a report on Funchess. I think we can all agree that Funchess

Reality Man

Heisman
Feb 9, 2002
has some talent. We can all agree that he was hurt. The author of a particular piece was making the argument that he can bulk up and be a great TE. He is a matchup problem. A hybrid player.

Here is the problem. You can lift weights all day long. You can bulk up and be healthy. You are not going to succeed if you don't have a physical/nasty attitude on the line. Can you teach a player who doesn't like to be physical to be physical?

Anyone remember Walter Smith. He liked to be physicial. He wanted to hit people. Remember Steve Brown? He was aggressive and until they moved him he wasn't a good safety. People are who they are whether they play football or basketball or any walk of life. They have their own unique personality traits.

Funchess doesn't want to play physical. If someone drafts him as a TE...it's their loss. Funchess doesn't even like going over the middle. Funchess is like Chris Webber at TE.

Reality Man

I would also say that if someone drafts Funchess as a WR, it's their loss...

I just don't see the kid being productive, heck he wasn't very good for us...

He's very overrated from people outside the program. They see his size and think he must be good.

As a WR he's slow and can't catch.
As a TE he can't block or catch.

I wish the kid well, but nothing that he did at Michigan points to success in the NFL.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT