ADVERTISEMENT

Reports being published that Lucia is out at Minnesota...

Puckhead

All-American
Jun 4, 2001
that would be a thing if true. Know there have been rumblings, but it's starting to look real. More turnover in the Big Ten coaching ranks.

Geez, I just went Googling to look for any news reports on this, and I find that his Wikipedia page already says he is the FORMER head coach of the Gophers.

yup, just saw the release by the Minnesota AD. It appears to be officially, official.

IMHO, it's kind of sad, but Don could not deal well with early departures, just like Red had an issue.

I had always thought that when his system was working, Minnesota was one of the clear best teams in the country- just like Red. But he's struggled with the success that he has built, too- getting top talent, and not being able to keep them long enough to really make a difference.

IMHO, it's kind of sad, but Don could not deal well with early departures, just like Red had an issue.

I had always thought that when his system was working, Minnesota was one of the clear best teams in the country- just like Red. But he's struggled with the success that he has built, too- getting top talent, and not being able to keep them long enough to really make a difference.

Nervous Gopher fans wait for the next coach. Kind of sad to see him go. Oh well. I just hope the right hire is made. This could finally be the power conference we thought it would be.

Cheers!

A friend in the Twin Cities was recently telling me there has been a marked decline in local enthusiasm for Gopher hockey over the last few years. Used to be a long-waiting list for season tix at Mariucci, now you can walk up to the ticket window before the game and buy tix.

Reactions: STPGopherfan
A friend in the Twin Cities was recently telling me there has been a marked decline in local enthusiasm for Gopher hockey over the last few years. Used to be a long-waiting list for season tix at Mariucci, now you can walk up to the ticket window before the game and buy tix.
He's correct.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT