ADVERTISEMENT

Recruit Updates - Miletic to OHL

alnike

Senior
Feb 11, 2003
It has been a relative while since M has lost a verbal to the OHL, but 2016-17 local verbal recruit Sam Miletic has signed with London of the OHL. Sounds like this has been in the works, or if Michigan was not able to bring him in this year after the loss of Larkin and Copp. USHL numbers were just ok.

Also saw that the London Knights signed a Michigan legacy target, Max Jones of the NTPD whose dad played at UM in the mid-80's.

Critical for future NHL first rounders Zach Werenski and recruit Kyle Connor to be at Yost this October.

Critical for future NHL first rounders Zach Werenski and recruit Kyle Connor to be at Yost this October.

I think it's going to a long summer with London involved as we count down the days to the start of class to see who is actually in school and who is not. All we know from Werenski right now is that he won't make any decisions until after the NHL draft. So far Connor is saying all the right things and telling all the OHL teams after him that he's go to University. Time will tell, but yea, it's going to be a long summer.

I had high hopes for Miletic after he made the Ivan Hlinka tournament but saw him when my daughter played at the USA Hockey Nationals in Green Bay and while he had speed and size, I was a bit disappointed. He has fallen out of the draft rankings and did not find the score sheet as much as hoped (27 pts in 58 games). I was wondering how all of next year's class would find spots but with Marody accelerating and Miletic off to the London Knights, things will work out with Nick Pastujov, James Sanchez, Connor Murphy, Griffin Luce and Luke Martin (and Kenny Johnson?). Obviously, keeping Werenski and Connor is paramount for the program but future recruiting absent a goaltender is solid.

Michael Spath, any word on goalies? Ontario's Jack Lafontaine, a 2016 NHL draft pick, is still uncommitted. Not sure if he is a target

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT