ADVERTISEMENT

Perfect. Great example by Mr. Spath. O.k. I read your article

Reality Man

Heisman
Feb 9, 2002
on the Big Ten's best players. So as I mentioned before...how can you have great recruiting classes (Hoke) and not have great players?

Rankings of classes mean essentially nothing unless coached up or players develop according to Mr. Spath. I agree. Rankings or 'stars' mean nothing. How else can you interpret the article? See below.

I would love for 'Rivals' to explain this to it's readers. It sure seems like any of these recruiting sites need to have a disclaimer that recruiting is based on past HIGH SCHOOL/camp performance and is not guarantee of future performance as they do with mutual funds.

Reality Man

https://michigan.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1783643

I read this statistic somewhere recently ....... Michigan has nobody returning who was on an all-B1G team last year. Not even honorable mention all-B1G. U-M is the only B1G team in that situation.

I expect a lot of U-M folk (e.g., Peppers) to quickly develop into all-B1G performers, but the above is a pretty crazy statistic.

I read this statistic somewhere recently ....... Michigan has nobody returning who was on an all-B1G team last year. Not even honorable mention all-B1G. U-M is the only B1G team in that situation.

I expect a lot of U-M folk (e.g., Peppers) to quickly develop into all-B1G performers, but the above is a pretty crazy statistic.
What ridiculous player development from the old staff. There were to many decent recruiting classes for it to end up like that. Thank god we moved on.

It'll take time...the entire team under-performed last season - every single player got worse versus better so yeah hard to be on any honorable mention. I also think the team quit on Hoke last year. I expect that we will have a about 4 folks that will be on the All BIG squad in some form or fashion but likely all on the D - maybe Taco. It will take these guys time to start learning a culture of winning. I think Year 1 for JH is a wash - change is tough, Urban had shit load of talent where as I think we are void of developed talent especially on offense and you have to score to win unfortunately. I also love that JH has asked kids that don't want to put in the work to leave so I expect that players individually will be tons better - now whether that is enough to edge us to 10+ wins, likely not but it will be a step in the right direction.

It'll take time...the entire team under-performed last season - every single player got worse versus better so yeah hard to be on any honorable mention. I also think the team quit on Hoke last year. I expect that we will have a about 4 folks that will be on the All BIG squad in some form or fashion but likely all on the D - maybe Taco. It will take these guys time to start learning a culture of winning. I think Year 1 for JH is a wash - change is tough, Urban had shit load of talent where as I think we are void of developed talent especially on offense and you have to score to win unfortunately. I also love that JH has asked kids that don't want to put in the work to leave so I expect that players individually will be tons better - now whether that is enough to edge us to 10+ wins, likely not but it will be a step in the right direction.

It won't take that much time. Coaching is everything. It will be visible this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT