ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bert Blylevyn-Downtown Detroit was nicer than Minneapolis 5 yrs....

maelfan

All-League
Aug 7, 2014
ago when the city hit rock bottom. It is 50 times nicer than downtown Minneapolis today. People like Blylevyn are just so clueless about this area and have no idea that downtown Detroit is on a path to surpass many other old time big cities not named New York or Chicago. People are just lazy and soundbite things based on stereotypes rather than based on actual information.

Yep, that's a harsh truth, but it's absolutely the truth

I love Detroit and I love Michigan. Proud to have grown up there, spent 20+ years of my life there.

And Downtown Detroit is really not a terrible place. No doubt it is better vs. 10 years ago.

But if you measure it against its peers ---- Downtown Cincinnati, Downtown Indy, Downtown Chicago, Downtown Columbus, Downtown Cleveland, Downtown Pittsburgh, Downtown St. Louis, Downtown Minneapolis --- it's next-to-last. I do put it ahead of St. Louis.

This post was edited on 4/15 9:11 PM by michnittlion

Re: Yep, that's a harsh truth, but it's absolutely the truth

Originally posted by michnittlion:
I love Detroit and I love Michigan. Proud to have grown up there, spent 20+ years of my life there.

And Downtown Detroit is really not a terrible place. No doubt it is better vs. 10 years ago.

But if you measure it against its peers ---- Downtown Cincinnati, Downtown Indy, Downtown Chicago, Downtown Columbus, Downtown Cleveland, Downtown Pittsburgh, Downtown St. Louis, Downtown Minneapolis --- it's next-to-last. I do put it ahead of St. Louis.

This post was edited on 4/15 9:11 PM by michnittlion

It also slighly edges out Toledo.

And Dayton. And Akron. And Youngstown. And Canton. And Lima .....

lif we're speaking truth here --- when it comes to "dumpy downtowns per square mile", Ohio is #1 in the USA in that metric. Not even close.

Re: And Dayton. And Akron. And Youngstown. And Canton. And Lima .....

Jackson, Battle Creek, Pontiac, Flint, Saginaw, Benton Harbor, etc disagree. Not even close.

Re: OT: Bert Blylevyn-Downtown Detroit was nicer than Minneapolis 5 y

Have you been in downtown Battle Creek? WKKellogg Foundation, the Kellogg Company? The downtown of Battle Creek ain't Battle Creeks problem - it's what surrounds it to the west, North and Northwest.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT