ADVERTISEMENT

Orange Bowl Bound Now

Washington deserves to make the final 4. Very good rb's and some quick wr's. If they play well then should give Alabama at least a game. Very underrated team.

I think they have the defense to somewhat control Alabama (28 pts) but they definitely have a balanced offensive attack. Should be a competitive game against Bama.

RM

Reactions: blue-boy
Washington (who is average) has already won this game. Good luck against the Noles Michigan
Don't see it being the case...felt that they'd blow out CU, too much speed, balanced offense, decent defense w/ a very solid secondary. I figured w/ their game vs USC would be interesting in that UW hasn't been in the limelight for a few years...thought they might struggle though they were at home. Their only loss was SC, they have some athletes on offense and the QB change (why didn't the RS Fresh.) turned their season around. SC has played in plenty of big games over the years though they're not the "old" SC.

I'm not sure how they may measure up vs 'Bama but they'd fare well vs. OSU and Clemson. A lot of folks don't pay any attention to the PAC XII because of the lateness of the hour, etc. That's one reason why they play so many games during the week...they need the exposure. Hard to see SC, UCLA, Stanford, etc during the weekdays, though when you see how many empty seats at the various venues, they need their facetime on the networks. Too be honest, I wonder how many no-shows would be at Michigan Stadium if they played on a Thurs/Fri evening. I live 2 1/4 hrs from A2 and it'd be difficult...

We'd lose to UW in Seattle, unfortunately we struggle in games on the "left coast", I think it'd be a struggle in A2 too. Washington is very worthy IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: St. Joe Blue 3
Some projections say Louisville getting in Orange Bowl over FSU. Chasing Lamar Jackson around on a warm humid Friday Night? That sounds like fun if your a D-lineman after spending a few days puttzin' around in South Beach!

Some projections say Louisville getting in Orange Bowl over FSU. Chasing Lamar Jackson around on a warm humid Friday Night? That sounds like fun if your a D-lineman after spending a few days puttzin' around in South Beach!

Orange Bowl (Miami & Fort Lauderdale areas) makes for a terrific family vacation for fans that time of year.

Competing against Dalvin Cook. Verrrry worthy challenge.
On ESPN this morning writer Gene Wojciechowski said in corresponding with group of Michigan players prior to the final four selection, that they were attempting to rally the troops to not be letdown by not getting in. Make themselves ready for their bowl game. Hope they do keep focused.

It is neutral site...FSU is playing in their rivals stadium..

A 469 mile drive or 7 hours according to Mapquest....similar to Michigan playing in Happy Valley or twice as far as if the Woverines were playing in Columbus.

Admittedly...there will be fewer folks driving from Michigan, but a good portion of southern Florida is populated by Michigan retirees.

I am looking forward to this game. I was at the FSU game in AA where they killed Michigan. That was a crazy talented team.

Just once, I'd love to see an ACC or SEC team come up to Ann Arbor in the middle of November and play a game.

I am sure FSU folks would like to see OSU or Michigan come to Tallahassee in September. FSU has travelled twice to play in the Shoe, and twice to play in the Big House....

But could not get returns...

Reactions: fsujl11
This is definitely not a neutral site though
Yeah, how about sending the Florida teams to another part of the country for bowl games ?? This has always been a gripe of mine The southern bowls all want southern teams to play each other to guarantee attendance.

I am sure FSU folks would like to see OSU or Michigan come to Tallahassee in September. FSU has travelled twice to play in the Shoe, and twice to play in the Big House....

But could not get returns...
Just once, I'd love to see an ACC or SEC team come up to Ann Arbor in the middle of November and play a game.

Bringing a team from the South up here to B1G country in November is so played out. Give it a rest man.

Yeah, how about sending the Florida teams to another part of the country for bowl games ?? This has always been a gripe of mine The southern bowls all want southern teams to play each other to guarantee attendance.

Sure, let's reward a very good season by going to Detroit or Minneapolis or Indianapolis to play in a bowl game.....and freeze your asses off in the process. Gimme a break.
Now does it give them advantage (See USC or UCLA in Rose Bowl also)? Sure, it may be worth a few points. Here's an idea.....play your ass off & win the game!

What would you prefer............now think long and hard about this.......

Freezing cold, high winds, snow, snow tires, special winter clothes, cold, flu and and a constantly runny nose................or sun, the beach and girls in teeny weeny bikinis? I know it's a tough choice. Sleep on it and get back to us..........bwahahahahah! :D

Competing against Dalvin Cook. Verrrry worthy challenge.
On ESPN this morning writer Gene Wojciechowski said in corresponding with group of Michigan players prior to the final four selection, that they were attempting to rally the troops to not be letdown by not getting in. Make themselves ready for their bowl game. Hope they do keep focused.
Yeah, I don't want to see some Kansas State-like debacle as a few years ago when we were sleep walking through a bowl game. I actually expect we'll do very well and will be highly motivated (thank you asst. coach Winston) to kick FSU in the groin. Harbaugh knows what a difference killing it versus FSU can make for Florida recruiting.

I have traveled a bit following my team....to Boise, Idaho in December, to Ann Arbor, Columbus, Lincoln, Boston....

The coldest bowl I sat through was the 1983 Peach...it was 16 degrees.

Have only been to one snow game...the Cotton Bowl of years ago...sleet and mud.

Saying that, he most awful games I have ever endured are those early September noon or afternoon games in Tallahassee where the temp on the field and in the stands is 100 or more...with humidity in the 90's.

But...Big Ten games are played in the fall...a lot of nice football weather..

weather2009.jpg

I have traveled a bit following my team....to Boise, Idaho in December, to Ann Arbor, Columbus, Lincoln, Boston....

The coldest bowl I sat through was the 1983 Peach...it was 16 degrees.

Have only been to one snow game...the Cotton Bowl of years ago...sleet and mud.

Saying that, he most awful games I have ever endured are those early September noon or afternoon games in Tallahassee where the temp on the field and in the stands is 100 or more...with humidity in the 90's.

But...Big Ten games are played in the fall...a lot of nice football weather..

weather2009.jpg
Little interesting thought on temperatures and football. I've always thought that the "stay in the south and play in warm weather" was a canard that should be easily rebutted with, "Guess what you have to play in to really succeed in the pros?" Ever see a playoff game at New England, Green Bay, Denver, NY in January? Guess where you'll be well prepared to play in those sorts of conditions and still enjoy a lot of great football weather?

Must be why the colleges with the most active NFL players in 2016...of the top 10, seven are southern....Guess where you're most likely to get to the big show from?

1...LSU
2...FSU
3...Alabama
4...Florida
6...Georgia
7...Clemson

Washington has a game vs Ohio state And beats Clemson. Who knows about bama. Either blown out or close loss I think

Only team that has a chance vs Alabama is Ohio state (and us) but you know how the rig went down So I'm gonna root for bama again this year le sigh

The last team that gave Bama a run for their money was Clemson in last year's final...Clemson put up 550 yards on them.

Bama, and the Noles as well. have problems with spread teams that have a mobile QB.

..and usually do better against pro style offenses.

Against lesser offensive lines (like Florida's) FSU can rush the passer..they do lead the nation in sacks.

Their DB's have problems holding coverage so it is essential that they get some pressure on a passer.

A QB who plays the read option well, can roll out and pass, etc...has given them real prpblems.

Both Clemson and Ohio State can beat Alabama this year. The SEC this year is not very good across both divisions. Clemson is super well coached and Ohio State has Meyer who is arguably just as good s Nick Saban.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT