ADVERTISEMENT

NTDP game tonight

Bob Miller

All-American
Jun 25, 2001
Can't make it tonight, but would love to get scouting reports on Norris, M Pastujov, Hughes and St. Cyr from multiple posters here. Hughes, in particular has impressed me in the past.

Well that was an absolutely dreadful period of hockey. Where the hell is the team we saw last weekend? Michigan appears to have put in a group of imposters and he team must actually be taking a nap. Just uninterested in playing this game.

US team scores a power play goal and makes it look easy and Nagelvoort just watches it go over his shoulder (sorry, I'm just tired of seeing these types of goals), admittedly no help from the defense on this one.

That was probably the only period we will see Nagelvoort. I believe the plan was for three goalies to play tonight and I think one of them is supposed to be Catt so I'm not sure which one won't play.

Right now I'd be more interested in seeing the rest of the team show up and actually play some hockey.

Quite frankly, I'm not sure that Nagelvoort should play at all this year. The other 2 are playing as well or better and they are the future. I'd sit him.

Better second period for Michigan, at least they showed signs of life. Catt was in goal for this period.

Lockwood got the game tied when he gets a breakaway chance about five minutes into the period and buries it to put Michigan on the board.

Not much happened from there until the last minute of play. With 47 seconds to play the US team scored a goal to take a 2-1 lead. That didn't last long as Winborg redirected the puck right in front of the net with 27 seconds to play to tie the game back up at two.

That's where the period ended, Michigan 2, US 2

Third period was solid with Michigan scoring 4 goals to put the game away. LaFontaine got the duty of finishing off the game.

Pastujov got things started with 17:29 to play in the game when he found the back of the net to make it 3-2 Michigan.

A couple of minutes later, with 15:24 to play Sanchez go the puck in the net to make it 4-2 Michigan.

There was a ten minute lull in action until Kile scored a really nice goal with just 4:01 to play, making it 5-2.

With a little over two minutes to play Martin (Cutler) takes a penalty to put the US team on the power play. They pulled their goalie to give their power play a two man advantage and with just over one minute to play the US team scored a power play goal to make it 5-3.

With 3.7 seconds to play Sanchez notched his second of the period, finding the empty net, making it 6-3.

That's where it ended, Michigan 6, US-NTDP 3.

They are going to have to find a higher gear next week when Lake State comes to town, but at least they finished better than they started tonight.

Not one of the better NTDP teams....

Michael Pastujov was hurt and did not play

I liked Josh Norris' game. Solid two way center with good size. Centered their top line and had two assists. Most have him pegged as a second rounder. Slaker, Marody, Norris and Westlund will give them four centers next year.

Quinn Hughes is small, but I thought he was great--what a skater. He is a one man breakout. He played the point on the power play and moved the puck very well. His passes were right on sticks. Not a very big shot. On D, he had an active stick and used his speed and his edges well. Moves to get around him usually failed. He could stand to put on muscle. He is a late '99 and not eligible for the draft until 2018, but he could contribute. I do not know if this was a tryout for next year or not. Red said early this week that he expected "four or five signees". I hope he is a D signee to complement the four forwards. His brother is Jack Hughes of the Marlies, the likely #1 pick in the OHL draft and a small but super skilled forward.

Dylan St.Cyr was very active. Announcers kept comparing him to Marty Turco. 5 goals on 26 shots--Jared Rutledge?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT