ADVERTISEMENT

ND Guys

anon_sg4bgyiuileo1

All-American
Oct 19, 2007
River City
Looking back at my posts, I have come to realize that I have been pretty (actually - really) disingenuous on how I have treated you, your fans, players, coaches etc. It was petty and I realize how childish I was and for that I'm truly sorry. Hell, your tradition alone is something to behold, and mirrors ours to an extent.

So in the spirit of my new found respect and admiration I offer this - it isn't easy to say, but here it is:

I hope this year Everett Golson gets the Heisman he so richly deserves.

If that comes to fruition I can say without hesitation that it couldn't happen to better fan base. And I mean every word.

There. I feel much better now.

Apology accepted.

Side note. I doubt any legitimate ND fan is rooting for Everett Golson to win the Heisman. We wish him the best but it is time to move on to bigger and better things.

Last edited:
On ND, briefly...

This should be ND's best rushing attack in 10+ years (at least). The key here is finally getting the great OL recruiting into their 2nd/3rd years, and being strong/big/athletic/experienced almost across the board on the OL

ND is likely looking at

LT -- Stanley (RS Jr.) -- 6'6" 325lbs (Elite OT, projected as a potential Top10 Overall NFL Pick, maybe the #1 OL in CFB)
LG -- Nelson (RS Fr.) -- 6'5" 330lbs (Youngest player on the OL, only truly new starter, but a former 5* prospect who's an old school mauler)
C --- Martin (RS Sr.) -- 6'4" 315lbs (Most experienced player on the OL, natural C, ver cerebral, one of the Top3 centers in CFB and a solid NFL prospect)
RG -- Elmer (Jr) -- 6'6" 330lbs (Alround talented OG, with the size/strength to maul and the athleticism to move. NFL caliber prospect)
RT -- McGlinchey -- 6'8" 320lbs (Elite athlete at OT. Started the LSU game and dominated, especially in spread run plays)

When you add to that kind of OL the RB and QB talent ND will have in the run game....it's going to be very tough to beat ND up front

Ill wade into this conflict. Kelly will find at least one way to lose a game regardless of how wonderfully stocked the team is. Georgia Tech, Clemson, USC and Stanford all have great chances at "upsetting" ND. At least Tech will prepare ND to compete against Navy.

Excellent use of a GIF.
n6DvSE4.gif

Ill wade into this conflict. Kelly will find at least one way to lose a game regardless of how wonderfully stocked the team is. Georgia Tech, Clemson, USC and Stanford all have great chances at "upsetting" ND. At least Tech will prepare ND to compete against Navy.

I agree with you that it's likely that nd loses at least one of the games you mentioned. It's very hard to go undefeated, especially when playing multiple tough opponents.

I don't really take that as an insult at all. Ohio state lost a game last year, as did Oregon.

Nd has the talent to beat every opponent on their schedule, and shouldn't be a major underdog in any game. That said, winning every single one is very hard and unlikely

If you we're trying toss that out there as a flame though...Kelly has proven he can win all the games on his schedule 2x....HARBAUGH...not so much

Looking back at my posts, I have come to realize that I have been pretty (actually - really) disingenuous on how I have treated you, your fans, players, coaches etc. It was petty and I realize how childish I was and for that I'm truly sorry. Hell, your tradition alone is something to behold, and mirrors ours to an extent.

So in the spirit of my new found respect and admiration I offer this - it isn't easy to say, but here it is:

I hope this year Everett Golson gets the Heisman he so richly deserves.

If that comes to fruition I can say without hesitation that it couldn't happen to better fan base. And I mean every word.

There. I feel much better now.

Wow, had to check to make sure I was really reading this on the internet! Good for you. There is hope for Michigan fan base after all.

I agree with you that it's likely that nd loses at least one of the games you mentioned. It's very hard to go undefeated, especially when playing multiple tough opponents.

I don't really take that as an insult at all. Ohio state lost a game last year, as did Oregon.

Nd has the talent to beat every opponent on their schedule, and shouldn't be a major underdog in any game. That said, winning every single one is very hard and unlikely

If you we're trying toss that out there as a flame though...Kelly has proven he can win all the games on his schedule 2x....HARBAUGH...not so much

Well you just lost all credibility there. Kelly has proven time and again he is one of the more overrated coaches in CFB. Did Kelly take over a 1 win team and turn them into a powerhouse? Did Kelly win a BCS bowl? Has Kelly been to a Superbowl? Hmm, I know who has though

Hey Deck dawg…couple questions for you!!!

1. How many times has Kelly had a 10+ win season at ND?

2. How long has Kelly been at ND?

3. What was the score of the national title game that Kelly the great led you to?

4. Did Kelly inherit a 1 win team his first year at ND?

5. And did Kelly go on to win a BCS bowl while at ND, or anywhere before that?

6. Has Kelly been to the Super Bowl as a coach?

Thanks Deck-dawg!

Apology accepted.

Side note. I doubt any legitimate ND fan is rooting for Everett Golson to win the Heisman. We wish him the best but it is time to move on to bigger and better things.

How can the delusional fans from the slum of n Indiana plan on moving on to bigger and better things. They couldn't beat M often enough so went looking for new patsies in the acc. If they would have joined the Big 10, they would have eliminated a lot of embarrassments like the nc game w Bama because, THEY Wouldn't BE IN IT.

How can the delusional fans from the slum of n Indiana plan on moving on to bigger and better things. They couldn't beat M often enough so went looking for new patsies in the acc. If they would have joined the Big 10, they would have eliminated a lot of embarrassments like the nc game w Bama because, THEY Wouldn't BE IN IT.

Huh?

9-6-14-Scoreboard370.jpg

Hey Deck dawg…couple questions for you!!!

1. How many times has Kelly had a 10+ win season at ND?

2. How long has Kelly been at ND?

3. What was the score of the national title game that Kelly the great led you to?

4. Did Kelly inherit a 1 win team his first year at ND?

5. And did Kelly go on to win a BCS bowl while at ND, or anywhere before that?

6. Has Kelly been to the Super Bowl as a coach?

Thanks Deck-dawg!

I'm betting you use the term "huh," quite often. Notice I can't type any slower
Huh?
I'm betting you use the term "Huh," quite often. I didn't say never beat, I said not ofen enough. I can't type any slower so you'll have to figure it out or get help from a Michigan student or grad.
9-6-14-Scoreboard370.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT