ADVERTISEMENT

My son plays for St. Ed's and Coach Finotti

Ballgame25

All-League
Aug 7, 2002
and I can truly say it was a brilliant hire, for both Michigan and Rick Finotti. The man is a brilliant football guy, with more of a history on the defensive side. But St. Ed's runs a 4 receiver spread and Finotti was excellent at letting his coaches run their game plans. He's detailed to a fault, and has created the premier football program in Ohio (Moeller and a couple others might argue) in a relatively short time. St. Ed's was ranked #1 in the entire nation this year by MaxPreps (before a couple slip-ups) and basically destroyed everyone else along the way to the Div. 1 state title. Ed's had 11 or 12 D-1 commits on this year's team, and we all know the one that got away...I'm sure JH saw the organization and structure to Rick Finotti, and that plays right back into his own m.o.

Off the field, a really good guy. On the field, as intense as can be without ever crossing the line. Players loved him, even though he asked the world from them. He's a class act and will be an excellent complement to the program. My son and his Eagle teammates were stunned and saddened by the news, but grateful for their time under Coach Finotti, and know the program is well-positioned for the future.

Finally, I don't see him remaining in his DFO role for long. He's a football coach, through and through, and a damn good one.

This post was edited on 3/14 11:45 AM by Ballgame25

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News