ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan vs. Army in 2019

Actually ...it is 4-1 in favor of ND. it was 4 -1 during the 40s or the war years.....get your facts or as they post sober....hic!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

At first I was like "meh," but then I read Army actually leads the all-time series 5-4, so we can even that up. I say schedule one more for a few more years out and take the lead. I'm all for setting some old scores. Another masterful move by Jim Hackett.

http://www.fbschedules.com/2015/07/michigan-army-2019-football-schedule/
While I agree about the score settling, I don't really like the move. They run a cut blocking scheme and it can lead to injuries on our end. I'd rather not volunteer to play in a somewhat meaningless game against a scheme that could lead to knee injuries for our guys.

While I agree about the score settling, I don't really like the move. They run a cut blocking scheme and it can lead to injuries on our end. I'd rather not volunteer to play in a somewhat meaningless game against a scheme that could lead to knee injuries for our guys.

I hear this "cut blocking concern" as regards playing Army or Navy a decent bit, but do the numbers actually show increased injuries in games against these schools? I don't know, just asking.

Brian Kelly was saying this a few years ago after a game against Air Force, but he tends to complain about everything.

I hear this "cut blocking concern" as regards playing Army or Navy a decent bit, but do the numbers actually show increased injuries in games against these schools? I don't know, just asking.

Brian Kelly was saying this a few years ago after a game against Air Force, but he tends to complain about everything.
Well, a cut block is what knocked Peppers out for the year last year, and while it doesn't guarantee injury, I'm sure the potential for injury goes up a decent amount. I'm not sure of any stats, but when an undersized academy team is diving at your knees all game, I would think it's pretty obvious that it leads to a higher chance of knee injury.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT