ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan is looking hard at this goalie for next year

Take this for what it's worth, but LaFontaine plays hockey in Janesville, WI, which is like 45 minutes away from where I live. The guy who runs the rink I play at told me tonight, completely unsolicited mind you, that this goalie he "works with" is going to commit to Michigan this week. I asked if it was LaFontaine and he said yeah. Said he's raw but going to be very, very good.

I would have thought we already have Nagevoort, Catt and Lavigne for next year.

I'm glad to hear that Red is turning over every rock. There are a lot of nice, positive articles written about this kid. Let's hope he's the real deal. UM definitely needs to upgrade the position from Racine/Nagelvoort.

I'm glad to hear that Red is turning over every rock. There are a lot of nice, positive articles written about this kid. Let's hope he's the real deal. UM definitely needs to upgrade the position from Racine/Nagelvoort.

Yeah, he's like second in GAA and third in save percentage in the NAHL. Something like a 1.70/.930. I'd be all in favor. Amazing how when you don't have a scholarship goalie you have goaltending problems.....

Reactions: clevelandcane
Yeah, he's like second in GAA and third in save percentage in the NAHL. Something like a 1.70/.930. I'd be all in favor. Amazing how when you don't have a scholarship goalie you have goaltending problems.....

Amazing indeed.

I would think this would cause them to drop Lavigne.

Mike: What is the status of Kevin Lohan for the GLI?

Take this for what it's worth, but LaFontaine plays hockey in Janesville, WI, which is like 45 minutes away from where I live. The guy who runs the rink I play at told me tonight, completely unsolicited mind you, that this goalie he "works with" is going to commit to Michigan this week. I asked if it was LaFontaine and he said yeah. Said he's raw but going to be very, very good.

He'll get drafted in the NHL draft this June, mid rounds probably. He's a fourth round pick of the OHL's Kitchener Rangers, which means they were serious about him. This would have been the season for him to go to Kitchener if he was likely to report there, so there's a good shot that he's wearing maize and blue next fall.

Reactions: clevelandcane
So Packer - We need a road trip to Janesville to watch this kid . . . .

I'm in! It's like 45 minutes down the road from me. I haven't checked to see if he typically plays every night or splits time. That's always held me back from road tripping to see goalie commits. (The first time I saw Montoya at The Cube he was kicked out in the first ten minutes for clubbing someone with his blocker. It was kind of hilarious.)

Here's a really good article from the Janesville Jets site:
http://janesvillejets.pointstreaksites.com/view/Janesvillejets/janesville-jets-news/news_369843

So that Larry Clemens who is his goalie coach? That's the guy who runs the rink I play at and who told me last Friday that Jack was going to commit this week. I had no idea he was actually the goalie coach down there (or that he was one of the top goalie coaches in that league). I would have gone a little stronger than "take it for what it's worth" had I known that. Haha.

Is this the type of kid who can start next year? I'm assuming Nagelvoort will be given every chance to win the job but he's been terribly inconsistent for 2+ years now.

I hope this kid is the G to break the streak of poor goaltending.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT