ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Dantonio becoming sophisticated Rocky? It will be...

maelfan

All-League
Aug 7, 2014
intersting to see how MD and his glamour class do compared to the under the radar-develop strategy he was forced to use in the past because nobody wanted to go to MSU over UM, Notre Dame or OSU.

Not to mention how Sparty fans who have downplayed recruiting for the last 25 years will react if MSU finishes in the top ten.

Either way, stars or not, I still refuse to believe the margin of error between MSU and UM is smaller than people think, even as the rosters stand right now.

QBs are important, major advantage Cook but I'm not sure that the rest of the two deeps and our brutally undeveloped talent is that far behind.

intersting to see how MD and his glamour class do compared to the under the radar-develop strategy he was forced to use in the past because nobody wanted to go to MSU over UM, Notre Dame or OSU.

Not to mention how Sparty fans who have downplayed recruiting for the last 25 years will react if MSU finishes in the top ten.

Either way, stars or not, I still refuse to believe the margin of error between MSU and UM is smaller than people think, even as the rosters stand right now.

QBs are important, major advantage Cook but I'm not sure that the rest of the two deeps and our brutally undeveloped talent is that far behind.
So you refuse to believe the margin of error between MSU and UM is smaller than people think? Does that then mean you think there is a large margin of error?

QB play is enormous and unless UM gets solid qb play then it will be highly unlikely they get to 8 wins.

The big difference between MSU and UM over the past 8 years is qb play. Switch qb's among the programs and UM probably splits with MSU.

I would agree that the difference between the two programs on the talent level still favors MSU...especially on offense. On the defensive side of the ball....UM actually has a legitimate Big Ten defense.

UM loses to MSU because they have been inept on offense.

Reality Man

QB play is enormous and unless UM gets solid qb play then it will be highly unlikely they get to 8 wins.

The big difference between MSU and UM over the past 8 years is qb play. Switch qb's among the programs and UM probably splits with MSU.

I would agree that the difference between the two programs on the talent level still favors MSU...especially on offense. On the defensive side of the ball....UM actually has a legitimate Big Ten defense.

UM loses to MSU because they have been inept on offense.

Reality Man
RM,
Agree 100% on QB play and UM offense. In the 3 previous games with MSU, UM has scored 1 TD. Not sure switching QB's would've helped as the offensive line was not good.

A Dennard sack, Interception return for a touchdown, late Darquez interception, were all turning points in relatively close games with MSU. The QB play was a major factor. Ruddock does not due really well under pressure so the retooling of the offensive line is paramount. Jake has a tendency to bail early on routes and check down a lot when rushed. This could be a major factor in the success or failure for the upcoming season.

That
A Dennard sack, Interception return for a touchdown, late Darquez interception, were all turning points in relatively close games with MSU. The QB play was a major factor. Ruddock does not due really well under pressure so the retooling of the offensive line is paramount. Jake has a tendency to bail early on routes and check down a lot when rushed. This could be a major factor in the success or failure for the upcoming season.
The last 2 games were "relatively" close on the scoreboard only. The stats tell a much different story. Odds of winning any game when a team rushes for negative 48 yards is slim to none.

That
The last 2 games were "relatively" close on the scoreboard only. The stats tell a much different story. Odds of winning any game when a team rushes for negative 48 yards is slim to none.

Yeah, some revisionist history there (not on your part) ---- at NO time during each of the last 2 U-M/MSU games did I have even a sliver of thought that U-M could win. Simply completely outclassed both games.

The one thing i like about Ruddock is he makes smart decsions, and realizes his limitations. You won't see him throw into double coverage or try to make the spectacular play either with his arm or feet. Now its up to UM front line to give him time to throw it. It will be intersting to see which RB emerges in the Fall. There is talent there.

I think Ruddock will be the best Michigan QB since Henne and if the OL is improved he will be able to help keep Michigan in the game.

What 'glamour class'?

This class so far does not stack up much differently than some of the previous classes, and when it's all said and done, will probably be a top-20 but not top-10 class. And most kids are from the MSU recruiting footprint.

The difference between this class so far and others is simply a matter of MD landing plan A kids early....he used to miss out on a lot of those kids, now they're committing in the summer.

Make no mistake....this is not a glam class, because MSU is not a glam program. Seems to me that u of m fans are hoping MSU is going to soften up. Won't happen.

What does your friend bone doc think?

"Pride comes before the fall."

THE-MORTIFIED-PUNTER1.gif

Reactions: roaringfork green
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT