ADVERTISEMENT

Longhorn envy of JH

clob94

Junior
Aug 25, 2014
I'm still pissed at you guys, but not in a bad way.

Your coach epitomizes everything I wanted at my university. Jim has done everything right and I'm so envious that you guys have him.

From helping out a car crash victim, and basically acting like it was no big deal, to telling the university that he will be taking his team to see American Sniper, he's just nails. I hope you realize how another blue blood program (mine) is mired in mediocrity with a coaching staff, a head coach, and a new AD that just don't get it.

Texas is rich, I mean RICH, not just with money, but talent. And we can't hire a guy to coach up that talent. Our spring game today reminded me of a monkey trying to fornicate with a coconut. Every time we mount the coconut, it rolls out from under us.

Straight up trade: 200 million + charlie strong for Harbaugh.

Deal?

What a stupid OP!

With POS fans like you, Texas does not need any enemies.

Let me caveat this by saying that I think JH will be great at Michigan but one thing he will have to do is change the mindset from not expecting to win to expecting to win. He gets to do that versus a reasonable schedule

Let me also caveat this by stating that I don't like Texas.

But Strong deserves some credit.

He took over a program which Mack Brown had let atrophy over several seasons. There may be some talent on the Texas roster but a large part of it was self entitled and probably 1/3 of the roster were heavy duty potheads.

You can tell how screwed up it was that Strong had to institute 5 absolute iron clad rules, three of which were
NO GUNS
NO HITTING WOMEN, and
NO DRUGS

How undisciplined must that team have been to have to be told those 3 rules were new rules?

However, how many did not get #3 as Strong had to throw about 11-12 players off of the team over the course of the year.

Then he had the supreme misfortune that his QB, Gilbert, went down right before the start of the season. I have news for you - no team does well when they have to shit a new QB on or about 1 September.

Then, he gets to play what was a very good BYU team before they lost their QB, UCLA, Baylor, Oklahoma, Kansas State and TCU. Very tough schedule.

I predict Texas will be much better this year and Strong will be the reason. Too bad he can't impress some dip shit like you after he overcame the dumpster fire he inherited and all the other misfortune.

Also, for the record, JH will substantially improve Michigan.

l

Re: What a stupid OP!

Let me start by saying that my friends 3 of whom are michigan men, apologized to me on your behalf.

"We can't all have class."

2nd, name calling, I guess you aren't above it.

3rd as a former letterman, 93-96, I would call myself an alum instead of a POS fan.

4th, as a former letterman I have forgotten more insight into my program than you sir, will ever learn.

5th, the qd's name was David Ash. Not Garret Gilbert. And I'm sure you saw that little team just south of you win a national title with their 3rd string qb this year. So your credibility is shot right there.

6th, charlie strong's five core values were in place at Louisville and he brought them with him to Texas (again, how misinformed you are yet you pretend to be an expert)

7th, I was posting here to compliment you and your AD on a phenomenal hire not to be lectured by some pseudo intellectual self glossed football guru, which you obviously fancy yourself as.

8th, texas will finish 6-6 again because coach strong is in over his head.

I look for michigan to win 8 games this year and then release the hounds in the very near future. You should be battling for a spot in the title game by season 2 and I think JH does that for you.

As for the rest of your absurd ramblings, I forgive you. You know not what you speak of. Ignorance is as ignorance does.

Reactions: conanofcrunk
I like Texas fans, from the Roise Bowl to last year's game in austin

(Iowa State OT). I think NIT777 is probably a PSU fan posting on the UM board, which is a frequent resting place for dumb-ass O-lie-O and Notre Dumb fans, too. I would take his insults with a grain.

Texas will only be as good as its QB and I'm afraid UM stole your best chance at the last minute which either illustrates your point of Strong or enhances JH's recruiting.

In any event, Texas deserves better than the past few years. Good luck. Great fans. Austin rocks. I drove my new Vet through the 10 at 95 mph which is only a few miles above the limit. Loved it.

Re: I like Texas fans, from the Roise Bowl to last year's game in austin

Thanks for the heads up. Michigan fans have always treated me with class and vice versa. Our respective universities do share so much in common, after all.

I htink you are correct on both points: It shows Charlie's lack of being able to close as well as JH's ability to reach out and grab recruits away from other blue blood programs. But then again, if I were a young QB, how do you NOT take JH's phone call when he rings you. Based on what I know about Jim, if I had a son, I'd love for him to be mentored by a guy like Jim. You're getting first hand knowledge from a proven winner and former NFL player. I know he has yet to coach a down yet, but MIchigan's future looks VERY bright from where I am sitting. I have several Husker grads that are friends of mine as well and I can assure you, they're a little nervous down in Lincoln. You won't beat Urban Meyer every year, he's just that good, but you will beat him. The football world is just a better place when Michigan is in the national title hunt.

Being a Blue Blood can be tough at times, but I do enjoy seeing other Blue Bloods succeed.

Re: I like Texas fans, from the Roise Bowl to last year's game in austin

Penn State fans should not be lecturing anyone on the former or current state of their college football program. In fact, they should be thankful that they are playing at all. On another note, Charlie Strong is a very good college football coach who did well at Louisville where he was supported and they wanted him. Texas is a whole different monster to tackle. It is a massive program with the best high school talent in the nation (maybe with the exception of Florida) at its doorstep to recruit from. From day one, the alumni and fans did not seem to supportive of Charlie Strong and he has his hands full to say the least. Mack Brown should have retired earlier because it became very loose in his final years. It was apparent that something was rotten when Muschamp, (HC in waiting) left for Florida instead of waiting. Texas right now sort of reminds me of the transition from Loyd to Rich Rod years except for the fact that Rich's arrogance did not help his situation at all. I hope Charlie turns it around quick, however, with A&M (now with Chavis as DC) and Baylor, it's going to be tough in a town that does not really want you there anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT