ADVERTISEMENT

Last 4 at Crisler vs MSU been memorable...

maelfan

All-League
Aug 7, 2014
11-built huge lead, held on with famous D.MO quote at end.
12- late steal snd Stu Douglass layup, missed Draymond jumper at buzzer.
13- Burke steal and dunk then steal again to seal game.
14 - Stauskas and Levert go nuts during a 21-4 run late in second half.

I'm calling a huge unexpected win tomorrow.

That's nice. We don't have Walton , just adds to the 'Joe Namath' victory.*

"74

In view of how the game went up there, I expect Wolverines to pull this one out. Both teams have been inconsistent from game to game; so we don't know who is going to "show up" on either side. Probably a close one, something like 62-59.

Another horribly officiated game at Crisler, but did not matter this time. At least 2-3 of those previous 4 wins were absolutely bogus.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

BretM, you must be related to TI. Izzo cries about every call that goes against Sparty, because MSU never fouls.
How could any officiating crew call 18 fouls on State (18 on UM as well). Better get use to it. The tournament
officials aren't going to show any sympathy to poor, poor Tommy turning red on the sidelines with tears running down
his cheeks.

Did not happen this time around. Watched the game on television. Spartans shot the lights out, and had too much balance inside and out for this depleted Wolverine team. I don't know how they kept it close in East Lansing.

Originally posted by BretM:
Another horribly officiated game at Crisler, but did not matter this time.
Agreed. I mean Trice getting to take 4 steps before hitting a 3, MAAR taking a shoulder in the chest from Ellis and getting called for a blocking foul to send him to the bench for a long haul, etc. Terrible. MSU was the better team and didn't need all the BS calls they got from the refs. Disappointing to say the least.

My fun thought is that Michigan only has 2 scholarship guards right now, 1 of whom was supposed to redshirt this season. They are backed up by a walkon that was supposed to redshirt this season. Michigan outscored MSU when they had their scholarship guards on the court and weren't forced to play their supposed to be redshirting walkon. That says something about something and is certainly a bright indicator for next season.

UM basketball is way undermanned right now. Quite frankly, we were a little undermanned before we lost Levert and Walton but then we lose our two best players and we are simply fighting to stay above water. You always hope your team wins but realistically we didn't have much of a chance against MSU unless they played poorly and we played really good. It will be another feather in Beilein's cap if he's able to get this team into the NIT which would be great because this team needs all the experience it can get going into next season. Beilein's just got to figure out a way to get a few more wins before the end of the season which will not be easy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT