ADVERTISEMENT

I'll say it..Duncan is a better shooter than Nik. Stauskas would eat him alive...

maelfan

All-League
Aug 7, 2014
in one on one, and certainly shoot with him but Duncan's shot looks better to me.

According to all the reports, Duncan has beat many of Nik's shooting records at practice. I figured Duncan would be a top notch shooter on this team but I didn't think it would happen this early in the season. Obviously his scoring helps but the other benefit is that it pulls his defender out creating more space for the other players to penetrate to the basket. I'm just wondering how good he can become....he still has two more years after this season.

It looks like Robinson is even more consistent from the perimeter but clearly not as good as the whole sophomore season Stauskas who could create.

I would not have believed you if you said Robinson would replace Dawkins this early. Robinson looks to even have a Stauskas kind of swagger. He knows he is good.

We will see.

RM

The point he is trying to make is that Duncan is one hell of an outside shooter. I don't think you can say at this point he is a better shooter than Stauskas but he is undoubtedly a great shooter. Stauskas was able to add the driving dimension to his game during his sophomore year which made him very dangerous and also made him a lottery draft pick. Duncan needs to add this aspect to his game which would make him an extremely valuable player. I think he's only going to get better over time.

It looks like Robinson is even more consistent from the perimeter but clearly not as good as the whole sophomore season Stauskas who could create.

I would not have believed you if you said Robinson would replace Dawkins this early. Robinson looks to even have a Stauskas kind of swagger. He knows he is good.

We will see.

RM
Yes, but we need Dawkins badly.

Actually...no...6 months.
DRob is much taller and stronger...has a chance to be special. Looks to handle the ball just fine. And the swagger is there.

Nik didn't turn 20 til October of his sophomore year
DR turned 21 six months prior to the October of his sophomore year

1 year, 6 months is huge.... Jon Diebler for example: http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/jon-diebler-1.html

not to mention Nik got teams best defenders.

Robinson might be the best pure shooter in college basketball this year. He started this game cold and still finished above 50% for the game. The defense cannot cheat off him which opens up the entire offense.

OMG! What an argument...Nik had more "Street Ball" in his game. Robinson is a better pure shooter & is wearing maize & blue...not red & blue. Last I checked, what makes basketball great...it's a team game. If you want one on one...pretty sure that's in the NHL all-star festivities now. Also, let's not forget Nik's Defense wasn't exactly Bad Boys Rodman territory. Robinson would be able to post him up pretty easily.

I will finish with this...both can shoot MUCH better than IRVIN!!!

Irvin has some mechanical issues with his outside shot that prevents him from being consistent, particularly from three point range. This is the reason he will occasionally have a good shooting game and the next two he is nearly knocking down the backboard with his shots. I think it would serve him well to become better at driving to the basket along with some pull up mid-range shots. Robinson's shot is silky smooth...you just it to go in.

Irvin hit a tough 3 pt shot. I am starting to think Irvin is just better at chucking balls off balance than easy 3 pt looks.

Stauskas...great. Robinson not quite the offensive creator (at least yet) but he is really a high end shooter...JJ Redick level? I think so.

As I said on another thread...it would be a tough call either choosing Robinson at the 3 pt college shot level vs. Curry at the NBA 3 pt level. Curry is GREAT but when you factor that shorter distance and the level of play...Robinson is clearly Curry good at the college level. Automatic? Somewhat close.

Robinson had a poor choice shot on his 1st shot and he then completely reversed course and made 5 in a row. That is a sign of a great great shooter. He didn't care...it was Jerry West level. I am going to make every shot and when it doesn't go in it was a problem with the rim or the ball :).

RM

Can't wait to see what Robinson brings in Big Ten play and over the course of his career.

The announcer said something I agree with completely. Robinson is going to make a name for himself. If people don't know who this guy is right now...they will very shortly.

You can't leave him open. I love that he has no hesitation when he is open. This was his most impressive performance. He misses and says...I don't care...I'll shoot a hundred times because I am Duncan Robinson and the best shooter in college basketball.

He has what Rice and Stauskas have...shooting moxie.

RM

Can't wait to see what Robinson brings in Big Ten play and over the course of his career.

The announcer said something I agree with completely. Robinson is going to make a name for himself. If people don't know who this guy is right now...they will very shortly.

You can't leave him open. I love that he has no hesitation when he is open. This was his most impressive performance. He misses and says...I don't care...I'll shoot a hundred times because I am Duncan Robinson and the best shooter in college basketball.

He has what Rice and Stauskas have...shooting moxie.

RM
It is beyond can't leave him open at this point. He is shooting over people, like Rice did, because he is a legit 6-8.

He isn't just a spot up shooter. While the speed and size of defenders will increase in general once Big Ten play starts I don't think the change is enough to worry this ridiculous start from long range is a fluke...at all. This guy is legit. Best shooter I have seen, flat out shooter since Glen Rice.

He will definitely need to adjust in Big Ten and I think the fans will need to calm a bit, be patient. He is just a sophomore, but it should be fun.

It's halftime of NKU right now and he is 39-63 right now.... .%619

Nik didn't turn 20 til October of his sophomore year
DR turned 21 six months prior to the October of his sophomore year

1 year, 6 months is huge.... Jon Diebler for example: http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/jon-diebler-1.html

not to mention Nik got teams best defenders.
Nik got teams best defenders because he handled the ball way more his soph year than Robinson is going to this year, so defending Robinson if Levert, Walton and others can move the ball well is going to be tricky. Defending Levert and Walton creating is going to be tricky if a 5th defender glues himself to Robinson 25 feet from the basket.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT