ADVERTISEMENT

I read where Upshur is visiting next week. Would love love

Reality Man

Heisman
Feb 9, 2002
to have a commitment from him. He is a ferocious blocker. Definitely a Derrick Walker clone for you older guys.
Runs pretty well and catches the underneath stuff and not afraid to take a hit.

The point of the post is that I don't think he is necessarily any better than McKeon overall but he does certain things better like physical drive blocking. I can't really tell who is better other than Upshur has got a bigger body right now and looks the part of a TE whereas McKeon is the wr/tweener right now.

Would love a side by side comparison of the two players by Rivals. Ever see the movie 'Moneyball' and the scene where they are talking about how guys are overlooked for a number of reasons and biases. Like he throws funny or has a weird stance.

Wonder why more people don't take two guys, any position, and put the tape on and say specifically how they distinguish the difference in value. Take Peters vs. Viramontes as an example.

Reality Man

It's really, really hard to tell how good McKeon is on film, given the VERY low level of competition he plays, plus the fact that his team uses him more as a WR and HB than a TE (again because of athleticism relative to competitor)

Camp offers are usually easy to lot worry about though. If your coaches like him, you just have to roll with it

Agree although he does play with his hand in the dirt. So some good effort on blocking but by no means is he a drive blocker. He is going to be a two tight end set guy but depending on what you want you TE to do....he is a quality pass catching TE who looks like he knows how to catch the ball, run routes and he has good movement.

Reality Man

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT