ADVERTISEMENT

I may not be a recruiting guy, but two NLI's...

Also watch defenseman Quinn Hughes and goaltender Dylan St.Cyr. They'll be signing Michigan NLI's this time next year.

Side note: although it was not announced formally on mgoblue.com, forwards Gustaf Westlund and Dakota Raabe also signed their letters of intent over the last day or so. Mgoblue.com tweeted congrats rather than adding a new press release.

Is Quinn Hughes the brother of the Hughes that applied for exceptional status this last summer?

Is Quinn Hughes the brother of the Hughes that applied for exceptional status this last summer?

Don't think so, but not 100% certain. Since he wasn't granted exceptional status (mostly because of his dimunitive stature) Jack Hughes remains in play for Michigan. Would be a HUGE get for Michigan.

What's really interesting is that even though the team hasn't been consistently a top 10 school for a while, Red and his team is able to get players- mainly because they are now going to the NHL early AND PLAYING. Which is pretty stunning to me.

This degree of guys leaving and getting upper level playing time is very new to me. And, as I've posted before, frustrating as a fan to invest any time to follow the best players while at UM. But we can still enjoy them while they are here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT