ADVERTISEMENT

I am always amazed at how Calipari gets so many All-Americans..

Reality Man

Heisman
Feb 9, 2002
now I am starting to think Harbaugh has the same thing going on with qb's. Glad to see the qb position is a priority with this staff.

What do you think Harbaugh tells these guys? I'll coach you and if you don't become the starter...I'll support your transfer and you will be ready to play somewhere else outside the conference?

That's a lot of qb's on the roster.

By the way (P.S.)...from those limited football highlights...it looks like Speight is definitely going to be the odd man out.

Reality Man
This post was edited on 4/4 3:27 AM by Reality Man

Calapari pays the kids. They caught him with Marcus Camby and Derrick Rose. He will usually pay a close family member so he won't get caught.
Harbaugh is a great QB coach and proven winner. They are two different situations.

This post was edited on 4/7 2:08 AM by BlueCoral

This post was edited on 4/7 2:09 AM by BlueCoral

Just a stepping stone to the pros...1 or 2 and done..

Till the NCAA changes it just means you need to be in some sort college and why not Ky...lots of tv exposure...

Re: Just a stepping stone to the pros...1 or 2 and done..

Calipari is a great recruiter and cheater. He is in the same category as Roy Williams, and unfortunately, Jim Boeheim. As a coach, he is not in the same league as those two either as evidenced by the talent he has had at UK and has one only 1 title. The best coach in college basketball is Coach K at Duke period. Like it or not, Tom Izzo is also a great coach. I will also say that Michigan's John Beilein is also a good coach.

Tom izzo blah blah blah.....has the same amount of championship rings as Steve Fisher. Izzo's success comes directly from tractor trailer. End of story

Duke has their share, nc and 4 of the starters were freshmen? Forget it izzo, they're loaded for next yr already and prob lined up for the next 2 or 3 seasons.

Duke has had more talent than any school over the last 25 years. Four NC's should be expected with those kind of players. Coach K is overrated. Give any number of coaches that talent and they would produce the same results.

Calapari pays the kids. They caught him with Marcus Camby and Derrick Rose. He will usually pay a close family member so he won't get caught.
Harbaugh is a great QB coach and proven winner. They are two different situations.

This post was edited on 4/7 2:08 AM by BlueCoral

This post was edited on 4/7 2:09 AM by BlueCoral

Anybody who thinks Calipari pays kids at UK needs to have their head examined. Do you understand the facilities at UK? Do you understand the vast following of Big Blue Nation? I'm a 1987 UM grad living in Louisville and I can tell you that as great as Alabama football may be, as great as UM football may be, as great as ND football may be - none have a following that compares to Kentucky basketball. None. I know many here will say that is ridiculous but it's a fact. So that is Reason #1 why kids attend UK.

Reason #2 is Calipari's undisputed record of putting kids in the pros. Yes, most would make it to the NBA anyway, with or without Cal. But many others wouldn't. Take a look at guys like Liggins, Harrelson, Darius Miller, Kanter and Eric Bledsoe. All of these guys got NBA contracts and Bledsoe turned out to be huge. When kids and parents see that kind of success, they want it for themselves. Why risk going elsewhere? That's how these kids think.

There may have been some shady or at least questionable recruiting practices in Calipari's past, but the guys he's getting now are are getting a pretty easy sell.

"It's ok if you want to be a one and done. Come with me to Kentucky and you'll play early, play with other top recruits, All-Americans, and future pros. We'll win a lot of games, be on TV and Sports Center, have a great chance for the National Championship, and you'll probably be a lottery pick."

Anybody who thinks Calipari pays kids at UK needs to have their head examined. Do you understand the facilities at UK? Do you understand the vast following of Big Blue Nation? I'm a 1987 UM grad living in Louisville and I can tell you that as great as Alabama football may be, as great as UM football may be, as great as ND football may be - none have a following that compares to Kentucky basketball. None. I know many here will say that is ridiculous but it's a fact. So that is Reason #1 why kids attend UK.

Reason #2 is Calipari's undisputed record of putting kids in the pros. Yes, most would make it to the NBA anyway, with or without Cal. But many others wouldn't. Take a look at guys like Liggins, Harrelson, Darius Miller, Kanter and Eric Bledsoe. All of these guys got NBA contracts and Bledsoe turned out to be huge. When kids and parents see that kind of success, they want it for themselves. Why risk going elsewhere? That's how these kids think.[/QUOTE

Well, why didn't the facilities help Billie Gillespie or Tubby Smith??? You are in denial. Calapari gives $$$$ or jewelry to family members, so he won't get caught. I hope we play your team in the final four next year. We will see who the better coached team is.

Reason #2 is Calipari's undisputed record of putting kids in the pros. Yes, most would make it to the NBA anyway, with or without Cal. But many others wouldn't. Take a look at guys like Liggins, Harrelson, Darius Miller, Kanter and Eric Bledsoe. All of these guys got NBA contracts and Bledsoe turned out to be huge. When kids and parents see that kind of success, they want it for themselves. Why risk going elsewhere? That's how these kids think.
Basketball recruiting is dirty. Between shoe companies, agents, and boosters, Cal is not clean. His agent is one of the shadiest people in the basketball world, and literally was not even allowed to attend the final four in indy a few years back.

What on earth are you talking about with Enes Kanter and Eric Bledsoe? Those guys were 5 stars (Kanter was the #3 recruit in the country), but somehow they're an example of how Cal gets unheralded kids to the league? Also, Liggins was a 4* ranked #28, and Darius Miller was a 4* #42. He's not developing diamonds in the rough, don't give him too much credit.

Those kids don't give a crap about their following, most are looking for handouts. There was an anonymous survey done with NCAA Division 1 coaches about the shadiest recruitments in their history, and I think 4 out of 10 and a few honorable mentions were Calipari recruits. That's not a coincidence. 2 final fours at his previous 2 stops were vacated. Again, not another coincidence. Cal has just become very good at staying out of the fray so even if something goes down, he is not implicated.

A friend of mine flies on his company's jet weekly for business. He's been to an airport on the east coast and watched Calipari hop into his private jet with a recruit. Absolutely zero about that is legal. Let me guess, you think Al Capone's only crime committed was tax fraud, don't you?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT