ADVERTISEMENT

How about a thread for the game? .....

But he was a very athletic player, Detroitjohn remembers, remembers fondly Devin Gardner playing large against Big Boys from Alabama. DJ has a hard time suppressing those good feelings and then he begins to remember kind of big games vs. Ohio State and Notre Dame when this same guy Gardner, he runs and passes like his athletic arse is on fire, scoring many, many TDs and nearly toppling the evil Buckeyes, and Detroitjohn thinks yes, this guy could have been something special, maybe a contender, under the proper coaching. But that might just be him.
Gardner-sole reason for UM's inept offense and 5-7 record.
Golson-single greatest QB in college FB history.
RM told us so, even if he pretends now that he didn't.
Sure would like that $20.

Sounds about right. Level of competition on defense vs. Utah was noticeable. Going to be interesting to see how UM performs against BYU.

I actually enjoy (on occasion) to read where people claim you said something when you didn't. It's funny.

For instance...again...I said Golson was the greatest college qb ever? Really. Hyperbole much?

RM - I am sure there's archives and I would encourage you to really read the 1K posts you created about Gardner and Golson. You really should before you start writing about how people mis-quote you. You really make all sorts of claims about how if we just started Morris we would be fine because DG was really really terrible. You also then continued to talk about how if Golson was Michigan's QB we likely would have only lost to MSU but beaten Utah & MInnesota. I remember laughing my ass off about your claims. Sorry man just fess up that you did have some pretty darn nonsensical posts.

Gardner sucked. Plain and simple. Did he have a good game every once in awhile...sure.

UM would have been better with Golson. Yes. Would there still have been problems..Yes.

I know some of you want to believe Gardner would have been good with solid coaching...but I doubt it. He coudn't throw.

Let me ask both of you Gardner groupies this. Do you think any SEC or ACC team would have reached out to Gardner to play for their team? Didn't think so.

Do you think Harbaugh would have asked Gardner to transfer to UM is he was playing for a different team? Nope.

He wasn't good. You need a good qb to win. Rudock didn't play well enough at Utah. He played solid today other than an error here and there. QB play matters. It does. So do alot of other things. You guys are in the minority trying to somehow lessen the impact of Gardner. If UM had a number of different qb's last year..they probably are 7-5. Change cook for Gardner and see what happens.

I think Dinardo said something like...I don't know how you win with Gardner and Griffith just smiled and nodded. Why you guys feel compelled to minimize his performance...I don't know. I don't minimze the mistakes of Rudock but clearly glad he is the qb and not Gardner. Dang...he was poor (being nice).

I actually enjoy (on occasion) to read where people claim you said something when you didn't. It's funny.

For instance...again...I said Golson was the greatest college qb ever? Really. Hyperbole much?
You used to jizz yourself so much over Golson that it was evident you thought he was the best QB ever.
Please give me my $20. Thanks.
Revisionist history much?

I also forgot how in your world Dinardo was the source of all football knowledge - right forgot about that completely!!! How dare I. Gardner was way better then Morris and way better then Golson in the last 6 games last year - maybe you should look up stats because you claim that a kid sucks because a once terrible-coach and now announcer says so. What are you buying Golson and Dinardo for Xmas - are you their secret santa this year, like you are every year?

I have no idea how he stumbled into those career games vs. Notre Dame and OSU in 2013. Some people just have all the luck throwing 3-4 tds and running for some others against the biggies under the lights. Hyperbole much, dude your ass is swinging from your own petard. Just walk away from the unequal comparisons with Rudock, totally different players and totally different coaches. I have no doubts that Gardner could have been a fantastic player under Harbaugh, not right away (so there, Rudock does have the advantage of being ahead of Gardner), but over time he had a tremendously higher ceiling than Rudock.

I also want to remind RM that Ruddock has 4 INTs and 1 fumble...more then Gardner did his first 2 games in both the seasons he started. But hey, Ruddock is god, Golson is Zeus, and Dinardo is Aristotle. Oh wait, Reality Man is Socrates. RM - stop seriously. Gardner's had the worst coaching luck in his entire career and yet he somehow had games that were better then any game any QB in Michigan history has had - you are right DetroitJohn, he just got luckly like once or twice against ND, OSU, Iowa, Indiana. Sometimes the voodoo doll gave him good luck. I agree with you DJ - Gardner would have had a much higher ceiling. Any kid that think he just purely sucks because he had no talent does not understand football.

I also want to remind RM that Ruddock has 4 INTs and 1 fumble...more then Gardner did his first 2 games in both the seasons he started. But hey, Ruddock is god, Golson is Zeus, and Dinardo is Aristotle. Oh wait, Reality Man is Socrates. RM - stop seriously. Gardner's had the worst coaching luck in his entire career and yet he somehow had games that were better then any game any QB in Michigan history has had - you are right DetroitJohn, he just got luckly like once or twice against ND, OSU, Iowa, Indiana. Sometimes the voodoo doll gave him good luck. I agree with you DJ - Gardner would have had a much higher ceiling. Any kid that think he just purely sucks because he had no talent does not understand football.
Dinardo raved about how physical UM looked the last two seasons under Clappy on the BTN camp tour. Then the actual games started...

Please don't say anything bad about Dinardo - he's the best assessor of talent in college football (and Hoke is #2). Dinardo knows!

Gardner sucked. He was a terrrible college qb. I would have wanted almost anyone else.

Dude, Harbaugh could have turned Gardner into a beast. And he would have had an actual offensive line to block for Devin. Sheesh, you are not objective about Gardner at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT