ADVERTISEMENT

Hate Duke all you want, but like UM, Wisconsin, and Louisville..

maelfan

All-League
Aug 7, 2014
especially UM and Louisville all throug the 2013 tournament, they play basketball the right way to quote Larry Brown and some others.

I would say most Duke teams, plus Beilein's teams in 2013 and 2014 and Louisville the last 5-6 years have played the best quality basketball the way basketball is meant to be played.

No the Izzo clutch and grab or the way some others do. Great passing, great cutting, few turnovers, less fouling than most teams. Great to watch in the tournament but also through the regular season.

Izzo and others can complain all they want about the number of fouls their teams pile up but if they coached their teams the right way not the lazy way, maybe their teams would foul less like Duke, Wisconsin, and Michigan in particular, and Louisville for the most part during this great 4-6 year run they have had.

uhh, Louisville is one of the worst clutch and grab teams around and have been for years. Their defense against penetration is the same as MSU...mug you and hope to not get called.

Agree - Louisiville does not belong in that conversation. I don't like Wisci or Duke but I think both those coaches are Top 5 coaches in the country and I have a lot of respect for them. Coach K is a class act though I am a little doubtful about his true coaching ability - he constantly has a Top 3 class every year and he has had tons of talent go through there. What Wisconsin has done though, over the past decade, without a top class or top players is incredible. I think JB is a brilliant basketball mind but Bo Ryan is up there and has proven it consistently.

I am willing to bet that if Coach K, Cali-cheating-pari or Pitino had coached the Wisci teams over the past decade they would have maybe made 1-2 tournaments let alone get this far. Bo Ryan is one hell of a coach, so kudos to him. Also, Izzo has had talent and while I may not like him, his team plays with toughness and confidence - another great coach. BIG is still king in the basketball world - despite what the ACC folks may think. Look at the state of our conference - Michigan St, Michigan, Wisci, Ohio State (and eventually Indiana once they get a real coach) all have very good programs right now. I am hoping Wisci pulls it out - they play true team basketball.

Louisville is one of the most egregious

at clutching and grabbing.

Generally, all about having their hands on the offensive player at all times.

They play hard, I will give you that.

Reactions: JustthefaxMa'am
Originally posted by tarun262:
Agree - Louisiville does not belong in that conversation. I don't like Wisci or Duke but I think both those coaches are Top 5 coaches in the country and I have a lot of respect for them. Coach K is a class act though I am a little doubtful about his true coaching ability - he constantly has a Top 3 class every year and he has had tons of talent go through there. What Wisconsin has done though, over the past decade, without a top class or top players is incredible. I think JB is a brilliant basketball mind but Bo Ryan is up there and has proven it consistently.

I am willing to bet that if Coach K, Cali-cheating-pari or Pitino had coached the Wisci teams over the past decade they would have maybe made 1-2 tournaments let alone get this far. Bo Ryan is one hell of a coach, so kudos to him. Also, Izzo has had talent and while I may not like him, his team plays with toughness and confidence - another great coach. BIG is still king in the basketball world - despite what the ACC folks may think. Look at the state of our conference - Michigan St, Michigan, Wisci, Ohio State (and eventually Indiana once they get a real coach) all have very good programs right now. I am hoping Wisci pulls it out - they play true team basketball.
Eff Duke and Coach K. Couldn't agree more with you about the coaching skill of Bo Ryan. Wisconsin was called for 13 fouls in a single half against Duke, which is more then Wiscy's single-game average. If hurling yourself into the lane and/or the chest of of an opposing player and waiting for the whistle is "playing the right way," then god help us. And if Louisville is the clutch-and-grab team, Duke is the trap-and-slap team, but somehow Wiscy didn't even get to shoot a single 1-and-1 in the championship game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT