ADVERTISEMENT

Good or bad thing that MSU and OSU are at home this year

Wolverine50550

Letterman
Jul 19, 2015
If it is true that Hoke either recruited overrated players and/or ruined the talent with atrocious player development, some say we have no chance in those games even at home based on our talent and where those 2 hated despised programs are.

I want to believe we will get at least one at home and think it is very possible that there is enough talent combined with Harbaugh's great coachintg, but if the above is true, I am not so sure. It is just too unknown and hard to say without seeing us or those 2 hated turds play even a game this season.

But I guess the question is, is it the end of the world if we end up losing ot both, that they are both at home and would it be a lot less stressful if we lost to both on the road. I ask that in terms of fans emotion, recruiting momentum and their a-hole fans mocking us in our own house.

The idea of losing to these hated foes (the hatred we and these fan bases have for each other far exceeds the Detroit and CHicago or even Cleveland hatred in Pro Sports) is just killing me. I wish both were on the road this year unless we had a great shot to beat both. Maybe we do, but it is so unknown.

Also Mike Valenti makes my blood boil beyond anger. He states MSU is going to toss us around like trash cans today and that we had no shot against MSU no way no how in late May 2015. I feel like I would want to spit on Valenti or punch him in the mouth if I ever saw him on the street. He is such an arrogant arse and he acts all tough and mighty now that we got Harbaugh where as before we got him he stated how scared he was of him. Do you think he is acting all tough and mighty because he knows his days are numbered a being the bets instate program so he wants to get his shots in while he can this season when they supposedly have a loaded team and we are potentially rebuilding?

But to me losing to MSU in AA is literally personal. I know we have had their umber at home except during RR years, although we only had to play them once during the hoke years at home and MSU wnet 7-6 and 3-5 in Big Ten in 2012 and we still did not manage a TD against them and their offense was garbage that year. Unfortunately it appears there offense is now really good to great and I do not know if it is all QB either. They canned Roushar and broght in Bollman and also have Warner which may have as much to do with it.

Some MAC or D2 school needs to throw a high salary at Dave Warner and get him out of EL. That will hurt MSU because Dantonio does not know much offense where as he knows defense so in the long run, the Narduzzi loss may not hurt their D as much but on offense, they may be in trouble if they have to replace a coordinator again. But on defense, that is Dantronio;s specialty so while I think Nardizzi loss hirts them short term, unfortaunetkly they will prbbaly recover long term there.

Your thoughts.

If it is true that Hoke either recruited overrated players and/or ruined the talent with atrocious player development, some say we have no chance in those games even at home based on our talent and where those 2 hated despised programs are.

I want to believe we will get at least one at home and think it is very possible that there is enough talent combined with Harbaugh's great coachintg, but if the above is true, I am not so sure. It is just too unknown and hard to say without seeing us or those 2 hated turds play even a game this season.

But I guess the question is, is it the end of the world if we end up losing ot both, that they are both at home and would it be a lot less stressful if we lost to both on the road. I ask that in terms of fans emotion, recruiting momentum and their a-hole fans mocking us in our own house.

The idea of losing to these hated foes (the hatred we and these fan bases have for each other far exceeds the Detroit and CHicago or even Cleveland hatred in Pro Sports) is just killing me. I wish both were on the road this year unless we had a great shot to beat both. Maybe we do, but it is so unknown.

Also Mike Valenti makes my blood boil beyond anger. He states MSU is going to toss us around like trash cans today and that we had no shot against MSU no way no how in late May 2015. I feel like I would want to spit on Valenti or punch him in the mouth if I ever saw him on the street. He is such an arrogant arse and he acts all tough and mighty now that we got Harbaugh where as before we got him he stated how scared he was of him. Do you think he is acting all tough and mighty because he knows his days are numbered a being the bets instate program so he wants to get his shots in while he can this season when they supposedly have a loaded team and we are potentially rebuilding?

But to me losing to MSU in AA is literally personal. I know we have had their umber at home except during RR years, although we only had to play them once during the hoke years at home and MSU wnet 7-6 and 3-5 in Big Ten in 2012 and we still did not manage a TD against them and their offense was garbage that year. Unfortunately it appears there offense is now really good to great and I do not know if it is all QB either. They canned Roushar and broght in Bollman and also have Warner which may have as much to do with it.

Some MAC or D2 school needs to throw a high salary at Dave Warner and get him out of EL. That will hurt MSU because Dantonio does not know much offense where as he knows defense so in the long run, the Narduzzi loss may not hurt their D as much but on offense, they may be in trouble if they have to replace a coordinator again. But on defense, that is Dantronio;s specialty so while I think Nardizzi loss hirts them short term, unfortaunetkly they will prbbaly recover long term there.

Your thoughts.
Your last comments are very interesting, and tells me you know a bit about football. Yeah, for all intents and purposes, Narduzzi was running Dantonio's D. The guy could get the players up, but I've got a feeling his replacements can also. On the offensive side of the ball, Roushar was below average as a play caller. Very predictable. Warner and Bollman have done a great job game planning for MSU's opponents, and usually call a very, very good game. Last year MSU averaged 43 points a game. OSU's O seemed to get all the love, but it was just 2 points a game better than MSU's. I think saying Warner would be a loss for MSU is spot on.

Reactions: Nick Samulus
I have $100 that says you get thown like a trash can by both MSU and tO$U. Don't take it personally, but put your chin strap on good and tight.

100.00? That's not much confidence you have in those teams. Also, describe what "thown like a trash can" entails. Winning by 14? 21? 90?

MSU and OSU are excellent football teams and they are well coached. However, I doubt that they will be tossing around UM like trash cans though. They may beat UM but it will be close ballgames like they always are. As far as the players at UM, almost 99% of them were also offered by OSU and MSU to play there. It's not the players. The difference is the coaching. Michigan will be prepared and schematically SOUND on both sides of the ball under Harbaugh and they will play very physical. Will it be enough to beat MSU or OSU? We will find out. OSU will be machine this year, however, it is VERY difficult to repeat as national champions. They can be beat. Urban knows this but not sure his players do right now especially like Bosa doing things like he did. A note to current Buckeye players: Ask Michigan was the word ENTITLEMENT meant for them the past 8 years?

Regarding OSU it plays well for Michigan. Weird as it sounds the game this season serves as a bit of a trap game for OSU coming between MSU and the Big Championship if the Buckeyes are In contention. Maybe at home for the first Harbaugh Meyer matchup will give your team an emotional plus which could make things very competitive.

Next year the game is in Columbus, and I expect UM to be better and there will be a very different cast for OSU. On paper at this point still talented, will probably still have Barrett at QB, and have nearly a full season's experience but still the first for many to start in this game.

Then in 2017, it will be a new starting QB for OSU, that will be the Michigan team where you truly see the Harbaugh effect, and you get it at home.

Reactions: wolverines74
Regarding OSU it plays well for Michigan. Weird as it sounds the game this season serves as a bit of a trap game for OSU coming between MSU and the Big Championship if the Buckeyes are In contention. Maybe at home for the first Harbaugh Meyer matchup will give your team an emotional plus which could make things very competitive.

Next year the game is in Columbus, and I expect UM to be better and there will be a very different cast for OSU. On paper at this point still talented, will probably still have Barrett at QB, and have nearly a full season's experience but still the first for many to start in this game.

Then in 2017, it will be a new starting QB for OSU, that will be the Michigan team where you truly see the Harbaugh effect, and you get it at home.

Good points. I also think Michigan will be in full train mode by 2017, however, I also think the first Harbaugh effect will be seen this year. 2017 will be when it is almost fully loaded

Barrett will be a senior for the 2017 season (unless he goes pro early - doubtful)

Your right. I and I agree that he should still be around. I feel better about that game now.

I am a michigan fan,therefore, I believe they will will win every game. is there something wrong with that.

Not at all. In a rational realistic conversation it's questionable as to whether Michigan will win every game, but as a passionate fan you SHOULD believe that they will every game. I am the same regarding my teams.

But your statement, "Michigan will be like Rowdy Rhonda..." Has a little left to be desired as trash talk. I'm not against trash talk, I'm just challenging you to make it better.

Not at all. In a rational realistic conversation it's questionable as to whether Michigan will win every game, but as a passionate fan you SHOULD believe that they will every game. I am the same regarding my teams.

But your statement, "Michigan will be like Rowdy Rhonda..." Has a little left to be desired as trash talk. I'm not against trash talk, I'm just challenging you to make it better.

might have been a little overboard, but I'am tired of being on the wrong end of this, something has to change the sooner the better GO BLUE,

might have been a little overboard, but I'am tired of being on the wrong end of this, something has to change the sooner the better GO BLUE,

Don't sweat it. Regarding my "trash talk" reference, I was just having a little fun. Good-luck on the season with the exception of one game.

On the offensive side of the ball, Roushar was below average as a play caller. Very predictable. Warner and Bollman have done a great job game planning for MSU's opponents, and usually call a very, very good game. Last year MSU averaged 43 points a game. OSU's O seemed to get all the love, but it was just 2 points a game better than MSU's. I think saying Warner would be a loss for MSU is spot on.

At OSU, we were ecstatic to see Bollman gone. He seems to fit in well at MSU though

Your thoughts.

Your thoughts.
One thought, one of the two should have to play in AA again next yr. Mi got screwed in the sced by Delaney and gang.

One thought, one of the two should have to play in AA again next yr. Mi got screwed in the sced by Delaney and gang.
How did Michigan get screwed in the schedule by Delaney? I thought the back to back games at E. Lansing was due to the reverse happening in the late 60's?

Edit, I just checked, MSU played at Michigan in both 67 and 68 so Michigan owed MSU a home game.

If you guys want to play the conspiracy theory card, then you need to get in line behind the PSU fans. They were there first.

If you guys want to play the conspiracy theory card, then you need to get in line behind the PSU fans. They were there first.

Delaney, by his own statements and the way he décors his B!G office, is a Michigan shrill. The guy nipple sucks for Michigan. Dies when Michigan is not in contention for anything. So don't worry, the shill has your back.

N i t t a n y A m e r i c a

Delaney, by his own statements and the way he décors his B!G office, is a Michigan shrill. The guy nipple sucks for Michigan. Dies when Michigan is not in contention for anything. So don't worry, the shill has your back.

You are a really clueless person. Good lord dude. Take your meds already.

Get the pictures of Deleney's office, the guy is all Michigan and he is the commish of this cabal of a con.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT