ADVERTISEMENT

FSU Game Thread

The mighty Don Brown D always gets the big stop at the end.
Except when they don't.

Not his fault. He didn't have peppers. Who would have helped in stopping cook and the offense was pure garbage

This is on harbaugh/Brady joke

Bray joke for not recruiting a good qb. And harbaugh for not pulling speight out when he couldn't hit somebody with a rocket ship

Next year will be another great year with a new opportunity to prove we are better than everyone else! I'm optimistic and you should be too. The reality is,, in any year we lose to Ohio State...that year is automatically a hard year...but we will be back next year with even more talent. And the next year , we will have more talent and experience...games should be good, we are back

Not his fault. He didn't have peppers. Who would have helped in stopping cook and the offense was pure garbage

This is on harbaugh/Brady joke

Bray joke for not recruiting a good qb. And harbaugh for not pulling speight out when he couldn't hit somebody with a rocket ship
Maybe stop them at the end? Crazy idea, I know.
No other defense ever loses a great player. It's unheard of.

Ok? This is only browns first year. He has maybe one or two of his guys. And I bet you none of them played a single snap if he has even one of his guys

Offense went off the field immidietaly the first half. His dfence had more points then speight at one point in the game. Actually they had the same amount if you don't count Evans run with speight (I count it so he has 2)
And the defense was tired. Peppers one of the best run stoppers in the country was injured

Come on man think a little it's not that hard

And white don't be surprised if Michigan goes 8-4 or 9-3 next year. Brady jokes last class was a joke. After that though. Expect 10 win seasons yearly

Ok? This is only browns first year. He has maybe one or two of his guys. And I bet you none of them played a single snap if he has even one of his guys

Offense went off the field immidietaly the first half. His dfence had more points then speight at one point in the game. Actually they had the same amount if you don't count Evans run with speight (I count it so he has 2)
And the defense was tired. Peppers one of the best run stoppers in the country was injured

Come on man think a little it's not that hard

And white don't be surprised if Michigan goes 8-4 or 9-3 next year. Brady jokes last class was a joke. After that though. Expect 10 win seasons yearly
Don't great defenses get big stops?
Come on think a little it's not that hard.

Agreed that we needed a stop for a FG at the end, not a fantastic defense, but outside 97 probably our best since the 80s. This game isn't even close if defense doesn't get a pick six and put lots of pressure on FSU most of the game.

Speight gets too much way too much heat on this board. He is a kid with more pocket presence than a sophomore normally has. He is tough to bring down, and he is getting better at going through his progressions. He has had only a fair running game to work with, the OL is not great at pass protection, and even his fine receivers don't tend to get great separation. UM may take a step backwards next year, but that will be because of all the D graduates. Speight ain't a problem. I get it that folks want to blame the head coach and qb for every loss. But if the ungrateful chase Harbaugh and Speight away prematurely, we will all regret it.

Agreed that we needed a stop for a FG at the end, not a fantastic defense, but outside 97 probably our best since the 80s. This game isn't even close if defense doesn't get a pick six and put lots of pressure on FSU most of the game.

Defense can't do much when the special teams let's them into field goal range immidietaly. Like I knew he was gonna run when he stopped for a second. That's just basic now

Speight gets too much way too much heat on this board. He is a kid with more pocket presence than a sophomore normally has. He is tough to bring down, and he is getting better at going through his progressions. He has had only a fair running game to work with, the OL is not great at pass protection, and even his fine receivers don't tend to get great separation. UM may take a step backwards next year, but that will be because of all the D graduates. Speight ain't a problem. I get it that folks want to blame the head coach and qb for every loss. But if the ungrateful chase Harbaugh and Speight away prematurely, we will all regret it.

Sure he's young. Yes he doesn't have a fantastic running game or fantastic protection. But you can't fix the problem he has. Overthrowing wide open receivers or throwing into a double man coverage when there's a man already open.

And I never said great ds don't make big stops. They do. But with peppers out this isn't an elite dfence. It's just above average. Try reading Its fun

Sure he's young. Yes he doesn't have a fantastic running game or fantastic protection. But you can't fix the problem he has. Overthrowing wide open receivers or throwing into a double man coverage when there's a man already open.

And I never said great ds don't make big stops. They do. But with peppers out this isn't an elite dfence. It's just above average. Try reading Its fun
Try having some basic reasoning/thinking skills, it's fun.
I may be asking too much of you, sorry about that.

Yeah you're asking too much. Just like I am of you to read. I think we're done here
We are done. Please get smarter before posting any more. You seem a bit angry that you're not very bright. I can't help you with that.
I feared the whole reasoning thing was a bit much for you.
Maybe someday...

Last edited:
Speight is not real mo-bile. If he had some dancing shoes, he would have been very, very dangerous...his rollouts seemed to cause FSU trouble because he had time to see the short-intermediate receiver.

But with FSU's very quick defensive front, if he wasn't moving, he was a target hearing the thudding feet of approaching defenders.

I watched this game with my dad by my side. He was a Michigan grad and a life long Wolverine fan. We watched a lot of football together in our lives and I felt like he was still there with me...

Dad and son...Michigan grad and FSU grad...and we would have hugged after the last tick of the game clock. Life can be long yet fleeting. He's been gone for a while...But if there is a heaven, he was watching the game.

Speight missed some throws but there were several times when he moved in the pocket really well and made tough throws for big conversions. Your WRs werent getting seperation and our DL is pretty much unblockable in passing situations as they showed. I think hes going to be a really good player moving forward.

Losing Butt hurt Michigan because im positive coming into the game their gameplan wasnt to trust their top 2 WRs to consistently make plays vs our top 2 CBs. Thats a recipe for disaster vs FSU for Clemson, Bama, anybody. Its just not happening.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT