ADVERTISEMENT

For your review...Don't shoot the messenger...

Spoken words from another over paid spoiled professional athlete and who really cares at this point what any of the 49er's players think of Harbaugh. As a Michigan fan, I am glad it did not work out in San Fran as it resulted in him being here. Right now, his attitude and demeanor fit with the college level. I'm sure that if he ever goes back to the NFL then it will be with an organization that gives him full control like in the cases of Pete Carrol and Bill Belechek,. I'm sure the 49er's players love the new coach who is a complete ass kisser of Jed, Trent, and the players. How many super bowls will that douche take them to in the future? ZERO and probably not the playoffs either. The price of hiring a YES man!

This post was edited on 4/19 7:36 PM by scfanblue

Let me pat myself on the back. I wrote long before JH was hired

that his rah-rah won't last in the pros because the professionals don't filter through the system every 4-5 years. On the college level, however, JH has a new crop every year to build a fire, etc.

It will be interesting how Pete Carroll does in the next 2 years. You saw he sold his Seattle home for $6.1 million the other day?

Re: Some "professional" athlete, lol

Agree, Boone comes off as a whiny punk in this interview.

Here's something I don't get:
He just keeps pushing you, and you're like, 'Dude, we got over the mountain. Stop. Let go.'

I don't get this comment because, first, they never won a super bowl so they did not in fact get over the mountain, and second, if you're not getting better, you're getting worse. This makes it sound like once he made it to the pros he just wanted to put it on cruise control.

I definitely think Harbaugh is more cut out to coach in the college game, but I don't understand why pushing your guys to be the best every day is a bad thing. Boone doesn't sound like a guy I'd want on my team.

Re: Boone talks out of both sides of his mouth (link)

I'm guessing that most pro coaches don't push guys in the same way that college coaches do. It sounds like Jimmy was trying to do that and it only lasted while they were winning.

Pretty much a non-story with him becoming a college coach. If true it may mean he doesn't want to head back to the NFL.

Here is why you can get away with certain things in college but not in the

Pro's.....

In college...guys are there basically 4 years or so at the most (redshirt). They may leave early or transfer. You know you only need to deal with the guy for a limited time plus being pushed means you see a benefit....$$$ in the Pro's. You put up with more crap when you are younger and have no money.

In the Pro's...it's harder to leave...only a certain number of jobs and you have to find an employer who wants to hire/pay you. Plus you are probably married so you are getting crap from both the spouse and the coach :).

Reality Man

Reality Man

The average NFL career is 3.3 years, so there is plenty of churn there as well.

I think the bigger story by far is that the 49ers have awful management and couldn't deal with Harbaugh's personality. That's on them, you do what you need to do to keep a guy like that. Or you don't and your team ends up sucking. They chose the latter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT