ADVERTISEMENT

For those of you turning a blind eye to Harbaugh turing into "Urban Saban"..

Let's just try to put a tad of a lid on all the high and mighty pontificating without knowing what all has happened.

Amen.

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 5h5 hours ago

Bluevod Retweeted TheWolverine.com

Can I get a Amen. :)

Bluevod added,

CZQVdhzXEAA2ol1.jpg

TheWolverine.com @TheWolverineMag

There is more to Harbaugh's recruiting and Swenson's decommitment than most think.

http://rvls.co/1KsJUnq

CJH did what was best for UM long-term. When players lose the right to de-commit then coaches will be honor-bound to honor scholarship offers until then all is fair.

Reactions: St. Joe Blue 3
Tell us Dr Recruiting all that you know about this situation and what UM has done that is so egregious. What has UM said? Oops, that's right colleges cannot comment on recruits so you only have a comment from a former commitment and your active fantasy life to run on here.
lol

Well, we don't know what was said or not said on the coaches' end. They can't comment now and certainly won't get into it later, so it's all speculation.

I mean, he's been committed for so long but never taken an official visit? Doesn't that tell us something?
What it tells me is that the kid wanted to go to Michigan so bad that he didn't need a "visit" to make up his mind.

I'm not personally calling it "unethical" but people DO have a point. Harbaugh has had 55 weeks to evaluate Swenson and determine whether he wanted to still keep the offer on the table.

Call him up in the 1st half of CY 2015 and say "Nothing personal, but I'm the new Coach here and I'm the new evaluator of things and the offer that U-M's former coach made is off the table. But I personally am still definitely considering you. Definitely re-open your recruiting process and let's stay in touch."
I would have less a problem with that
Fair enough --- and now we have the Michigan side of the story. It's now "he said, she said."

I knew we would get the U-M side of the story anyway. That's what Sam Webb and Chris Balas and others are for. Every college football coach knows how to play the "relate information via back-channels" game.

Nonsense. The kid got screwed. It's wrong. If this was Swenson and Urban Meyer, you guys would be frothing at the mouth for weeks about it. Simple, fanatic, bias. It's wrong. Harbaugh was wrong.

Jim Harbaugh is making it very difficult for me to be excited about signing day and next season. I was high as could be after the Florida win. Not happy right now; at all.

Been attending 6-10 games per year religiously since I was a boy in the 70s so I'll probably get over this but I don't like it at all.

I think the staff led by Harbsugh is being very unprofessional. I'll say ONE of the same things I said about Swenson. Harbaugh, if you're such a great coach, you can turn Weaver into an all big ten NFL draft pick.

I think Jimmy is setting himself up for some bad Karma.

Jim Harbaugh is making it very difficult for me to be excited about signing day and next season. I was high as could be after the Florida win. Not happy right now; at all.

Been attending 6-10 games per year religiously since I was a boy in the 70s so I'll probably get over this but I don't like it at all.

I think the staff led by Harbsugh is being very unprofessional. I'll say ONE of the same things I said about Swenson. Harbaugh, if you're such a great coach, you can turn Weaver into an all big ten NFL draft pick.

Thanks for stating your same opinion for about the twentieth time now Sparty.

I'll buy your "season tickets" from you, but only if they include the cushy seat thingie...

If you continue to support Michigan football, you're a flat out coward. You made this grand moral stand. Either follow through on it and stop supporting Michigan, or stop the bitching. Do you just spout convictions or do you actually live them?

Reactions: anon_sg4bgyiuileo1
I would have less a problem with that

Nonsense. The kid got screwed. It's wrong. If this was Swenson and Urban Meyer, you guys would be frothing at the mouth for weeks about it. Simple, fanatic, bias. It's wrong. Harbaugh was wrong.

Bullshit! I don't ever remember people complaining about scholarship offers being pulled. This makes me think you really are just trolling. Saban gets criticized for pushing out kids who are already on campus. If you can't see the difference between those two things.....

Let me guess: You were a Lloyd apologist , thought RichRod was fired too soon and Brady Hoke was a great coach for UM simply because he was a "good man"? You attend those 6-10 games per year only to experience the atmosphere - the beauty of the changing leaves, the smell of the fresh fall air, the long shadows and seeing the Marching Band at halftime but the football product on the field, the outcome of the games, the win / loss record and being bowl-eligible are all irrelevant? Just as long as we guarantee 4 year scholarships and don't hurt the feelings of all of these poor coddled 18 yr-olds who are playing a high-stakes poker game with us throughout (& sometimes right up to the last minute of) the entire recruiting process?

I'll trust our coach until I see a reason not to. Let's hear BOTH sides of these recruiting stories first. In the meantime, winning is fun. Some of us enjoy it.

Go Blue!

Last edited:
Reactions: detroitjohn
Let me guess: You were a Lloyd apologist , thought RichRod was fired too soon and Brady Hoke was a great coach for UM simply because he was a "good man"? You attend those 6-10 games per year only to experience the atmosphere - the beauty of the changing leaves, the smell of the fresh fall air, the long shadows and seeing the Marching Band at halftime but the football product on the field, the outcome of the games, the win / loss record and being bowl-eligible are all irrelevant? Just as long as we guarantee 4 year scholarships and don't hurt the feelings of all of these poor coddled 18 yr-olds who are playing a high-stakes poker game with us throughout (& sometimes right up to the last minute of) the entire recruiting process?

I'll trust our coach until I see a reason not to. Let's hear BOTH sides of these recruiting stories first. In the meantime, winning is fun. Some of us enjoy it.

Go Blue!
AGP, the end of the matter for now for me. I'm sick of the momma's boys who believe that if UM just passively sits on its hands it will again be great. It's a damn aggressive, challenging, and competitive world out there, OSU and Alabama will not be conquered by our cognac-sniffing, "look at our win totals" attitude. My guess is that recruits like Swenson and Wallace were told that there is a chance they could lose a spot and didn't like it when it happened. No one likes losing (except Maelfan and his tribe), but this is an adult world, recruits move and, guess what, UM now does too.

Doug Skene said it well on the podcast from this site, when he said that when he played he worried about getting a 5th year of eligibility and had a very good friend of his who loafed it in his senior season and had his scholarship offer revoked by Bo. Welcome to the 1980s and winning again, it's been too long.

AGP. It's a big boy business nowadays. If you're afraid of competing or you think your 4 Rivals stars entitle you to a free 4 yr degree from one of the top Educational universities in the world without any effort from you, then move along & go somewhere else where you'll continue to be entitled & coddled just like momma does & then watch the Final 4 & NC games on tv. Good luck to you!

Go Blue!

AGP. It's a big boy business nowadays. If you're afraid of competing or you think your 4 Rivals stars entitle you to a free 4 yr degree from one of the top Educational universities in the world without any effort from you, then move along & go somewhere else where you'll continue to be entitled & coddled just like momma does & then watch the Final 4 & NC games on tv. Good luck to you!

Go Blue!
Don't worry the critics here who are actually Michigan fans will be leading the marching band when the trophies come home. Some Michigan fans have perfected the art of fair weatheredness.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT