ADVERTISEMENT

Dantonio is kicking Harbaugh's behind in recruiting. Just sayin'...

Wait I just read where a high rated BB player gave a commit to MSU a few weeks back and then last week decommitted! What any kid now does is irrelevant to the LOI day 7 months away. I would say let it all pan out before we make these type of statements. Maybe it will be so an maybe not. GBGB"74

Harbaugh is not being out recruited. That is a stupid statement. The recruitment process is an ongoing process throughout the February signing day. Harbaugh is smart because he wants to make sure that his recruits will actually pan out during their four year stay at UM. If a kid gets an offer now from UM you better believe that they will compete at that level. Hoke filled his roster very quickly and even though they were highly rated, many of them did not pan out as we are seeing evidence of now. Come February 2016, Harbaugh will have a highly rated class of players from across the U.S instead of Ohio and some from Michigan.

Recruiting is obviously important but I think many fans don't fully appreciate the importance of coaching. By all accounts, Hoke recruited very well but it never translated on the field....and in fact the on field performance became worse over time. There is no doubt Harbaugh is a great coach and I expect to see significant improvement in his first year compared to last year. We won 5 games last year and I'm betting we win at least 8 this year with a very similar roster. Furthermore, Harbaugh has only been our coach for just over 4 months. There is plenty of time until next February and I'm also betting we end up with a very nice recruiting class. Harbaugh does not need a top 5 recruiting class to win a lot of games and compete for championships.

Reactions: Dhaight and Sweet C
Hoke's issue may have been the inability to take talented recruits and have that translate to success on the field. There is also the possibility that the recruits were overrated or unable to handle the jump in competition and talent at the D1 collegiate level.

I'm sure as Michigan fans you are all hoping that the team is full of talent waiting for Harbaugh to wave his magic wand resulting in great success and championship play. But it certainly wouldn't be unique for,some of the so called 4-5 Star prospects to be duds regardless of who is their coach. Every top program has these guys.

Further evidence in support of my theory that nothing of value has ever preceded the phrase "just sayin".

Further evidence in support of my theory that nothing of value has ever preceded the phrase "just sayin".
You're a comedian. And while you joke, Dantonio just kicked his ass again in another head to head battle.
Just sayin'....

Prattville HS in Ala. is one of the top HS football programs in our state and the largest class. Wait till they get there and compete before anyone doubts these kids abilities- just telling you this is a good brand of HS football. I am a Bama fan who likes Michigan due to some friends and the game played with Bama couple of years ago..
Bama and AU will sign less than 10 players from the state- Nicktator who is a recruiting machine, thinks in terms of 4's and 5's only. It does not mean they are better football players and many wash out at Bama. HS football in this state is very, very good. Get all the kids near the top you can from large HS in Al, and UM fans will be well pleased how they perform for them I bet..

What does it matter who Dantonio gets just as long as Harbaugh gets what he needs? Dantonio used to miss on a lot of guys but got what he needed to win even if it was his fourth or fifth choice for a scholly. It's what the guys do once they get on campus that counts as Spartans have learned.

Recruiting is obviously important but I think many fans don't fully appreciate the importance of coaching. By all accounts, Hoke recruited very well but it never translated on the field....and in fact the on field performance became worse over time. There is no doubt Harbaugh is a great coach and I expect to see significant improvement in his first year compared to last year. We won 5 games last year and I'm betting we win at least 8 this year with a very similar roster. Furthermore, Harbaugh has only been our coach for just over 4 months. There is plenty of time until next February and I'm also betting we end up with a very nice recruiting class. Harbaugh does not need a top 5 recruiting class to win a lot of games and compete for championships.
I would agree with this. MSU fans have endured these kinds of recruiting runs by UM and still been able to get the guys they needed to win. It will take a 7 win season plus a bowl game to get things rolling and the recruiting classes will improve but the guys that UM gets early like the last couple .... you have to assume can play or Harbaugh wouldn't be offering and accepting. Problem for the East teams is that there are a lot of good programs and I don't think anyone is going to be a perennial East champion except maybe OSU getting a few more than others over a 5-10 year period.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT