ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations Chatman!

taluslope

Letterman
Mar 7, 2015
I thought Chatman played exceptionally well today. I know we all expected him to have an immediate impact and that turned out not to be the case. However he is the youngest member on the team.

What I've noticed, especially in his HS videos, is that his legs up through his waist are much longer than his upper body. This seems to cause a kind of awkwardness to his motion. Plus I've noticed a slight, almost misalignment of his knees as he was jumping up and down in excitement on the sidelines. I think Chatman is just young, had a tremendous growth spurt, and his mind-body control is trying to catch up. I remember how --- after reaching full growth --- it took me awhile before I had full control over my body; I had to be careful or I'd end up stumbling over a twig.

So I think an offseason of conditioning will do wonders for Chatman. I see a lot of positives: he is long, has a good handle for his age and size, and I think he will turn out to be a tremendous passer (Irvin should have caught that ball today). If he gains strength and learns to play more physical, he could be dangerous as a "point" forward.

Or perhaps he is playing out of position as others have noted on this board. Anyone see similarities with Kyle Anderson?

I thought Chatman played within himself yesterday...happy to see it..

what I have picked up with Chatman is that he isn't a particulary physical player and the #4 spot probably isn't best for him and I don't think he shoots well in the corners although he hasn't shot well anywhere :).

I also think he looks more comfortable coming off the bench and not being a primary focus of the offense. Coming off the bench will allow him play with more confidence. With this team going forward...I think Chatman can be moved to a wing...move a slightly bulked up Irvin to the #4 along hopefully with a Wagner.

I think Chatman is going to find his niche on this team. Looks like Dawkins is becoming the 3 pt sharp shooter and Irvin will be phased into more of the well rounded player (jack of all trades). Chatman to the off the bench match-up nightmare for opponents at the wing.

Just my .02 cts.

Reality Man

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT