ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to the baseball program for winning BT tourney title...

Reality Man

Heisman
Feb 9, 2002
but a bigger issue that really needs to be dealt with is playing in front of empty stadiums.

Here is a suggestion. You win the conference...you host the tourney. I know there are some scheduling problems.

How about you win the conference...you host the tourney the next year? I'd rather see a full stadium than empty ballparks. It's like playing a game in a ghost town.

Any other suggestions? Wrigley Park? Minnesota is not centrally located or Nebraska for that matter.

Reality Man

Part of the low attendance was starting the game at 9 AM local time --- moved the time up due to weather concerns in the afternoon.

You can't have it at the conference champion because of logistics concerns --- there are eight teams that need hotels and such, and you likely don't know the conference champion until the last weekend.

I like the idea of using a pro stadium, although a MLB park is probably too much. Ideally it would be a rotation of AAA stadiums. Columbus (which hosted 2009-2012), Indianapolis, Toledo, Des Moines, Omaha (2014, 2016, 2018), and Allentown PA are all AAA stadiums in the B1G footprint.

but a bigger issue that really needs to be dealt with is playing in front of empty stadiums.

Here is a suggestion. You win the conference...you host the tourney. I know there are some scheduling problems.

How about you win the conference...you host the tourney the next year? I'd rather see a full stadium than empty ballparks. It's like playing a game in a ghost town.

Any other suggestions? Wrigley Park? Minnesota is not centrally located or Nebraska for that matter.

Reality Man
Not sure where Wrigley Park is, but worth looking in to.

Reality Man
Boy that Relay from Slater ( RT) was to end the treat was right on. What an arm. Reminds me of Al Kaline. Don't know who we get matched up with next week. ( NCAAs) Anyone know when that show comes on ? GBGB "74

Part of the low attendance was starting the game at 9 AM local time --- moved the time up due to weather concerns in the afternoon.

You can't have it at the conference champion because of logistics concerns --- there are eight teams that need hotels and such, and you likely don't know the conference champion until the last weekend.

I like the idea of using a pro stadium, although a MLB park is probably too much. Ideally it would be a rotation of AAA stadiums. Columbus (which hosted 2009-2012), Indianapolis, Toledo, Des Moines, Omaha (2014, 2016, 2018), and Allentown PA are all AAA stadiums in the B1G footprint.

A hosting team could set up temporary bleachers. Tickets sold for each game. That is a good suggestion to have it at a 'lesser' pro stadium.

Why can't teams travel 30 miles to get to the ballpark. It's not that far of a drive. The bottom line is they need to have it one of these college towns or where other fans can go see the game. Cleveland, Detroit, Chicago, Indy where fans can easily access the game from all over the region. Nebraska and Minny is not what I call access especially when whether can rain out games.

Reality Man

Did you see the one reliever Maryland used? The guy with the 'stache and the goatee? Looked like he was in his 30s.

They can always have the games at the Cell where the Sux play, but that doesn't solve the issue of nobody being there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT