ADVERTISEMENT

Condolences.

Ah Oh. Scott said it again this morning.

He thought there should have been split champions. The system was flawed by not having the best two teams playing each other. He thinks Nebraska would have won. And is sure that Brian Greasy thinks Michigan would win.

And you know what? Scott is Right. Any reasonable person would acknowledge that.

And that has nothing to do with how UCF is going to mudhole Michigan this Saturday.
I've never seen anyone work at trolling as hard as you.
You got moxie, kid. You'll go places.

Nowhere good....but places.

Heaven forbid that Scott Frost should say, when asked on CBS, that he thought Nebraska deserved "at least a share" of the National Championship.

(look up the video of the 1998 Orange Bowl --- Frost did use the phrase "at least a share." He also used the "share" verbiage in other comments in print)

I guess he was supposed to say "yeah, I know we're undefeated and all ourselves, we have a very good resume ourselves, we just whopped up on a very good Tennessee team, and we've competed hard and worked our own asses off on the field for 5 months now. Ignore all that. It's a certainty that Michigan would beat us if we played. Vote them #1, we're #2."

Michigan fans who still hate Frost and hold a 19-year grudge: I simply do not understand it. Get over it. Beating UCF 234-0 on Saturday won't "prove" anything as regards 1997 either.

Yeah, I don't blame Frost for advocating for his team. Really have no problem with it. Now his mom, on the other hand, is a jackass.

Yeah, I don't blame Frost for advocating for his team. Really have no problem with it. Now his mom, on the other hand, is a jackass.

The problem is nobody did the same for Michigan. Now if Nebraska had played first and Frost said his spiel and then Michigan had a chance to respond after the Rose Bowl, then there isn't a problem.

The problem is nobody did the same for Michigan. Now if Nebraska had played first and Frost said his spiel and then Michigan had a chance to respond after the Rose Bowl, then there isn't a problem.

Disregard my prior response. I just read Frost's comments again. What a douche. Of course he failed to say his team beat a crappy Mizzou team on an illegal play. Michigan 52 UCF 3

Alright, I have been holding back but at this point I have to point out the facts that everyone is aware of except for the illogical Michigan fans. Nebraska are really the ones who were robbed by having to share a National Championship with the undeserving Wolverines. Brian Greasy is such an overrated quarterback and was almost as much of a disappointment in college as he was in the pros. I have extensively watched taped on both teams from that season and without question Frost>Greasy. If you need further proof let’s look at the draft from 1998 where Scott Frost was drafted higher than Greasy. So every NFL team agrees with me that Frost and Nebraska were superior that year to the Wolverines. Let us also not forget that Washington State got absolutely hosed by the referees in the last few seconds of that game which gift wrapped a victory to the Wolverines. The calls that went against Washington State really bordered on gross negligence when I rewatched the game recently. What did Scott Frost and Nebrasksa do? Oh he destroyed future Hall of Famer Peyton Manning and the Volunteers. I am all for fandom, but really you are only kidding yourselves if you think Michigan deserved a share of that championship. Sometimes you have to point out the UCFacts for everyone to see.

Alright, I have been holding back but at this point I have to point out the facts that everyone is aware of except for the illogical Michigan fans. Nebraska are really the ones who were robbed by having to share a National Championship with the undeserving Wolverines. Brian Greasy is such an overrated quarterback and was almost as much of a disappointment in college as he was in the pros. I have extensively watched taped on both teams from that season and without question Frost>Greasy. If you need further proof let’s look at the draft from 1998 where Scott Frost was drafted higher than Greasy. So every NFL team agrees with me that Frost and Nebraska were superior that year to the Wolverines. Let us also not forget that Washington State got absolutely hosed by the referees in the last few seconds of that game which gift wrapped a victory to the Wolverines. The calls that went against Washington State really bordered on gross negligence when I rewatched the game recently. What did Scott Frost and Nebrasksa do? Oh he destroyed future Hall of Famer Peyton Manning and the Volunteers. I am all for fandom, but really you are only kidding yourselves if you think Michigan deserved a share of that championship. Sometimes you have to point out the UCFacts for everyone to see.
Ha, ha, haaah, ha...this freshmen UCF class is literally the funniest ever. Take your routine on the road, you're going places kid. Greasy, now that's literally funny. Where you literally out of diapers when that UM WSU game was played? Good luck Saturday, we will try to send as many players home to FL in one piece, but we literally make no guarantees.

That year Michigan beat 7 top 25 teams, and 4 top 10 teams.

Nebraska beat 4 top 25 teams, and 2 top 10 teams.

And I misspoke about the common Colorado game. Michigan won 27-3, while Nebraska squeaked by 27-24. Both teams blew out Baylor.

The only way you give it to Nebraska is if you ignore the rest of the season and only look at bowl games. Congrats on beating Peyton Manning in a big game. That never happened before.

You have turned college football into March Madness, where only the last game matters. Forget the whole rest of the season.

Oh, and either one coach votes Michigan 4th that year, or two voted them 3rd. Since the coaches don't have any transparency, we don't know for sure. What a fraud.

Wait a second. So Michigan gets to call their victory over Colorado a "Top 10 victory" (because Colorado was 1-0 and ranked #8 at the time, but nobody really yet knew they weren't really a Top 10 team), and Nebraska does not (because Colorado was 5-5 and unranked at the time, and had been proven out as a non-Top 10 team)?

Yes or no --- isn't it more of an apples to apples comparison to talk about how the team is ranked at the end of the season? Instead of where they may have happened to be ranked --- perhaps incorrectly --- at the time of the game?

It is what is it. Michigan only beat one team ranked in the Top 10 at the END of the season. Such tends to happen when your regular season opponents go 0-6 in Bowl games, all losing by double digits. Nebraska did beat two (K-State and Tennessee). As for teams ranked in the Top 25 at the end of the season, Michigan wins that comparison over Nebraska 7-5.

I think you're a smart guy, and I think you absolutely know the intellectually honest answer to my questions in the 2nd paragraph is "yes."

Just as Michigan had facts to point to in their claim to be #1, so did Nebraska.

Last edited:
Unless I'm reading this wrong, you may want to re-check the rankings. Oklahoma started the season ranked number 2 in the AP poll and at NO point during the regular season did they ever drop to 3. Again, correct me if I'm wrong but I'm guessing you are looking at a wiki page which has incorrect info. So that season has no validity.

For 1994, a little bit of a better argument here. However, I will argue that Michigan beating #4 OSU and #8 Washington state to end the year is far more impressive and would have never resulted in a drop in the polls

November 14, 2004 AP poll --- my apologies, I misread this, I had Oklahoma at #3 (they are listed third) but actually tied with Auburn at #2.

Why the pollsters elevated Oklahoma beyond that tie because of (1) a win over perennial Big XII lightweight Baylor, and (2) an Auburn win at Alabama, I don't know.

http://collegepollarchive.com/football/ap/seasons.cfm?appollid=920#.V9MBsigrLIW

UM #1 before the bowls (rightly so). UM defeats 10 win, PAC 10 champion WSU. They somehow don't get to remain #1? That makes less sense than Penn St fans usually do.

Michigan did remain #1 in one of the polls. What are you complaining about, did Michigan not win a National Championship in 1997?

You got the Nebraska scores reversed. UM dismantled Colorado, and Nebraska escaped with a 27-24 win. Colorado was moving it at the end and ran out of time.
One other point-Nebraska fans who think they could move the ball on the nation's #1 run defense are deluding themselves. There would have been a lot of 3rd and longs, and li'l Scottie shot putting a lot of INTs.

Not really. Colorado's last play from scrimmage on their last drive was a 4th and 25 from their own 21 yard line.

Reactions: CaliforniaGreen1
Ha, ha, haaah, ha...this freshmen UCF class is literally the funniest ever. Take your routine on the road, you're going places kid. Greasy, now that's literally funny. Where you literally out of diapers when that UM WSU game was played? Good luck Saturday, we will try to send as many players home to FL in one piece, but we literally make no guarantees.

First of all, you didn’t dispute any of my UCFacts I presented which leads me to believe that you agree with me. Second point, I can appreciate the dig at my age however you used the word “literally” 4 times in your response. I know college freshmen with daddy issues who have a more expansive vocabulary than that. Continue to hold that 1997 National Championship that has an asterisk next to it near and dear to your heart.

UCF wins by 7 in REGULATION. Book it.

First of all, you didn’t dispute any of my UCFacts I presented which leads me to believe that you agree with me. Second point, I can appreciate the dig at my age however you used the word “literally” 4 times in your response. I know college freshmen with daddy issues who have a more expansive vocabulary than that. Continue to hold that 1997 National Championship that has an asterisk next to it near and dear to your heart.

You are an UCF fan. You have nothing.

Actually asshat you misused "literally" earlier so I literally was toying with you (according to your desecration of grammar), but of course UCF freshmen neither get subtleties like satire or the irony of using argumentative, logical fallacies like "You didn't dispute..." that assumes there's a reasoned argument to disagree with (when you Google it try the "begging the question" fallacy).

Enjoy your short lived weekend fun, it ends around 12:30 pm...

You are an UCF fan. You have nothing.

Have you ever met your coach?
Ever been to a practice?
Ever been sat with your coaches and AD and had dinner or lunch?
Has your AD called you in for a meeting to hear your thoughts?
Were you there when your team, your school, won it's first big game?

Well, I have. And so much more.

A school only gets one rise to prominence. I'm on that ride. You missed yours by about 100 years.

So clearly being a UCFan is way way way better than being a fan Michigan. #UCFacts

Ever been to a practice?

A school only gets one rise to prominence. I'm on that ride. You missed yours by about 100 years.

So clearly being a UCFan is way way way better than being a fan Michigan. #UCFacts
No, with a several hundred thousand fan base, our coach cannot really do that one-on-one thingie with fans. I can see how having a couple dozen UCF fans facilitates those kinds of power lunches and face-to-faces with Scottie. Enjoy your rise to power and prominence, yours is the shooting star in the galaxy of sports.

Reactions: Blue_J
No, with a several hundred thousand fan base, our coach cannot really do that one-on-one thingie with fans. I can see how having a couple dozen UCF fans facilitates those kinds of power lunches and face-to-faces with Scottie. Enjoy your rise to power and prominence, yours is the shooting star in the galaxy of sports.

Sorry your program is filled with tshirt bandwagoners. At UCF we only have real fans, like me. Honestly, I don't respect someone's football opinion unless they go to practices and have face to face convos with the coaches. If you're not doing those things, you're just speaking from the side of conjecture. #UCFacts.

Ever been to a practice?

Lol. I'm sure it's really hard to get access to one of the worst programs in college football.

Not really. Colorado's last play from scrimmage on their last drive was a 4th and 25 from their own 21 yard line.
Wrong again. They were moving it a lot in the 4th quarter. By your bizarre logic, unless you throw it into the end zone on your final play you can't have been moving the ball in the latter part of the game?
Good try, come back stronger next time.

Last edited:
Michigan did remain #1 in one of the polls. What are you complaining about, did Michigan not win a National Championship in 1997?
Boy, you're not good at this. The coaches somehow jumped them over an unbeaten UM team that won its bowl game. Please try to put more effort into this going forward.

Wrong again. They were moving it a lot in the 4th quarter. By your bizarre logic, unless you throw it into the end zone on your final play you can't have been moving the ball in the latter part of the game?
Good try, come back stronger next time.

That's not what you originally said.

It's OK to admit you made a mistake every once in awhile. It happens.

In your original post, you were wrong. Colorado did not seriously threaten on their last offensive drive of the game. Their last offensive scrimmage was from their own 21 yard line.

Given that they weren't close at all to the end zone (or even a field goal) at the end, it's certainly not correct to say "they ran out of time."

I'm not pnnylion. I'm not a blubbering fool like him. I engage in actual conversations, I'm immune to your childish insults (my logic was not "bizarre", it is based in facts), and I'll point it out if/when you are saying things that aren't correct.

Last edited:
Boy, you're not good at this. The coaches somehow jumped them over an unbeaten UM team that won its bowl game. Please try to put more effort into this going forward.

The coaches did one thing, but it's an undeniable fact that Michigan remained #1 in one of the polls.

As I've said before, Michigan --- deservedly --- gets to call themselves National Champions in 1997.

Take that and be thankful. Would you prefer to be 2004 Auburn or 1994 Penn State?

That's not what you originally said.

It's OK to admit you made a mistake every once in awhile. It happens.

In your original post, you were wrong. Colorado did not seriously threaten on their last offensive drive of the game. Their last offensive scrimmage was from their own 21 yard line.

Given that they weren't close at all to the end zone (or even a field goal) at the end, it's certainly not correct to say "they ran out of time."

I'm not pnnylion. I'm not a blubbering fool like him. I engage in actual conversations, I'm immune to your childish insults (my logic was not "bizarre", it is based in facts), and I'll point it out if/when you are saying things that aren't correct.
I guess moving it late in the game would've been more precise, but giving you too much credit for being able to reason was my real mistake.
It is okay for you to admit you were wrong. I imagine in your world, 27-23 isn't a close game, as they didn't play four overtimes.
Please post better in the future. Thanks.

Lol. I'm sure it's really hard to get access to one of the worst programs in college football.

Don't confuse new with worse.

Look, it took the "FL big 3" 60-80 years to do what UCF accomplished in 10 years, win a conference championship. I was there. It took the "big 3" decades longer than their first conference championship to rise the top of cfb. It only toon UCF another 6 years. I was there. I went to almost all the practices in that rise to prominence. The coaches and whole athletics dept got to know me during that rise to prominence.

Hey, the only reason why I'm such an expert on the 1997 championships is that's was UCFs 2nd year of D1 football.

We went up to Lincoln Nebraska with our own hall of fame QB, Daunte Culpepper. An infant playing a giant. I know even you can respect that. We didn't just play, we lead, at halftime. Their fans were so awesome that they cheered for us going into the tunnel. It still gives me goosebumps to this knight thinking about it.

Sure the 2nd half was totally different. But that's the reason, well, of many why Nebraska is the true sole champions of the 1997 season.

#UCFacts

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT