ADVERTISEMENT

Can't wait to see Peppers put some coverage on MSU's spring practice warrior Arnett

GoBlueJagaloon

Sophomore
Aug 7, 2014
Michigan
I hope it happens. Should be pretty comical to see a freshman dominate a senior receiver who delusional MSU fans think is going to be something great this year. 50 yards in a spring game, watch out Biletnikoff Award!!

I must have missed when Peppers actually did anything in a game. No one at MSU is predicting anything spectacular from Arnett. Most just hope he gets a chance to perform in a meaningful game situation. He is in the top 6 receivers rotation. Top 6. 6 is a lot.

Reactions: roaringfork green
I must have missed when Peppers actually did anything in a game. No one at MSU is predicting anything spectacular from Arnett. Most just hope he gets a chance to perform in a meaningful game situation. He is in the top 6 receivers rotation. Top 6. 6 is a lot.
Peppers was injured last year, but there is a reason he was a top 3 recruit in the country. He's at Safety though, so he likely won't be in many 1 on 1 situations with a WR.

Arnett will be in the mix at MSU.. Not predicting stardom... Maybe 20-30 receptions on the year total..

Maybe you should worry about your spare part receiving corp against our D. Bet the Spartams have a whole bunch more passing yards.

It remains to be seem what the MSU defense will look like with Narduzzi's departure. He was a huge part of recent success at MSU.

The marketing line is that without Narduzzi there will be a drop off on the Defensive side. that has certainly been repeated by everyone with a UM tie.

The CB position is the key for the Spartans... Its a coin flip whether or not that will be a "good" or "solid" position. It will not be a very good or great position. If the CB position is at least solid the Spartan defense will be a clear top 10 defense in the country again. barring some strange set of injuries of course. I do not think the Narduzzi equation is the key. DL is the deepest/ most talented D line ( combined ) that I have seen at MSU in the last 30 years.

Barnett and Dantonio have far more experience with that CB position group than Narduzzi.. it is time for the two coaches to make lemonade out of lemons.. so to speak..

The marketing line is that without Narduzzi there will be a drop off on the Defensive side. that has certainly been repeated by everyone with a UM tie.

The CB position is the key for the Spartans... Its a coin flip whether or not that will be a "good" or "solid" position. It will not be a very good or great position. If the CB position is at least solid the Spartan defense will be a clear top 10 defense in the country again. barring some strange set of injuries of course. I do not think the Narduzzi equation is the key. DL is the deepest/ most talented D line ( combined ) that I have seen at MSU in the last 30 years.

Barnett and Dantonio have far more experience with that CB position group than Narduzzi.. it is time for the two coaches to make lemonade out of lemons.. so to speak..
In your opinion, what was Narduzzi's best contribution to the defense? Where do you see the largest area in need for someone to step up and fill his shoes? Gameplan? A certain position group? I know he's a great DC, not sure what his strengths/weaknesses are, and I know Dantonio has his hands on the D as well.

I am a fan but not an expert on Narduzzi strengths . I have read it was a combo of game planning and in game motivation.

He will be missed for his spirit... But Dantonio is a nat'l. Champ DC and other than Narduzzi the whole staff is veteran

In your opinion, what was Narduzzi's best contribution to the defense? Where do you see the largest area in need for someone to step up and fill his shoes? Gameplan? A certain position group? I know he's a great DC, not sure what his strengths/weaknesses are, and I know Dantonio has his hands on the D as well.

I would argue in game motivation was his greatest contribution. When he came down out of the box in the second half you almost always saw a "pickup" in the D.

He did implement more of the press coverage than Dantonio had previously used but with Dantonio and Harlem Barnett I doubt you wI'll see much scheme difference at all.

Just my 2 cents

I would argue in game motivation was his greatest contribution. When he came down out of the box in the second half you almost always saw a "pickup" in the D.

He did implement more of the press coverage than Dantonio had previously used but with Dantonio and Harlem Barnett I doubt you wI'll see much scheme difference at all.

Just my 2 cents
Yeah I think the continuity there is key. While you lose a great DC, you're able to promote from within, with guys who have been with Dantonio for a long time. I don't imagine there will be much of a dropoff on D, if any.

Reactions: Westcoast24
MSU's D-line will be the best/deep in the MD era, and that will help the DB's big time.

The coverage on your own receivers was pretty loose in your spring game. They ran ran free most of the afternoon. The stats looked ok because of poor throws and drops. This has to be obvious to Harbaugh and staff, and maybe they can fix it before next season. If not MSU will probably light up your secondary.

Kings is above average. Nobody else has shown anything yet so i agree they don't have a receiver that makes you say "wow". Based on what i've seen so far they won't need one against your secondary. The MSU receivers are comparable to yours, and yours were open all day. Cook is a pretty a good QB so i don't think your D can depend on bad throws and drops to stop them.

Reactions: roaringfork green
The coverage on your own receivers was pretty loose in your spring game. They ran ran free most of the afternoon. The stats looked ok because of poor throws and drops. This has to be obvious to Harbaugh and staff, and maybe they can fix it before next season. If not MSU will probably light up your secondary.

If your using the spring game as an example, MSU's only TD was scored by an offensive lineman. They didn't light up anything.

Reactions: PharmD Blue
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT