ADVERTISEMENT

Canada - USA WJC game thread

I can't wait until 4. I've had to miss this game, watching live, due to New Year's Eve festivities recently.

I think this game comes down to one thing, the goalies. I'm not sold on Demko and have not had a chance to see Comrie yet.

I hope Larkin continues to impress. I've also been impressed by Butcher, Eichel, Tuch and Hayden when he lays the wood.

Go USA!!!!

I thought the first 10 or 11 minutes were pretty even. I also think Canada carried the play to the US in the final 6 or 7 minutes. The first minute of that PP was awful.

I think the US needs to step up their physicality and the passing needs to be better.

Great job by Demko.

Unless we get some power plays.

roll.r191677.gif

2-1 now. DeAngelo with the PP goal.

Canada, 2-1, after 2.

Canada starts the third period with a full two-minute power play.

ENG again, 5-3 Canada, final

USA serves notice in a totally hostile environment that they can play with the Canadians.

Dylan Larkin...wow!

I think the Canadians pretty much dominated about 3/4 of the game. The US started well and played well in desperation time but in between it was all Canada. Thank goodness for Demko playing well or the US could have lost by 4 goals.

Re: ENG again, 5-3 Canada, final

I'm down at the RenCen for drinks right now and I really wanted to win that game so I could go to the banks of the river to yell "USA BABY!" at Canada. Sad it didn't happen.

Dylan Larkin though.....

Hopefully we beat em when it matters!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Watching this game and the USA-Findland game, I've been

super impressed with Larkin and Werenski. Werenski has outplayed Noah Hanifin by a large margin, IMO. If Larkin was drafted by any other team, I would be concerned about him being a flight risk after this season. However, the Red Wings do things the right way and would rather a player be "over-ripe, than under-developed" when he goes to the NHL.

Re: Watching this game and the USA-Findland game, I've been

Think both are potential flight risks after the season. Certainly don't think anything has been decided yet. Even though the Wings are a patient team usually, Larkin sure has looked ready in this tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT