ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Blue Chips: Opposing Coach On Mason Graham, Kevonte Henry

EJ Holland

Recruiting Monkey
Apr 25, 2019
Chicago
I caught up with La Puente (Calif.) Bishop Amat assistant coach Matt Villasenor during my trip to Los Angeles over the weekend. Amat has played against Michigan commits Mason Graham and Kevonte Henry in back-to-back weeks, so it was great to get Villasenor's thoughts on both. By the way, Villasenor also helps run Premium 7v7, which is home to Michigan quarterback target Justyn Martin and a few other guys with offers.

Here are some highlights from our interview.

On Michigan DT commit Mason Graham:

"Mason Graham is a freak. That man is a freak. I've been a fan of him since his seventh grade year. His body frame and his athleticism have gotten so much better over the last year. He's just a freak. Michigan got lucky with Mason Graham. I don't know what UCLA and USC were thinking, but the guy at USC isn't there anymore (laughs). I'm not sure what those schools did, but Michigan is getting a steal. And without (Director of Player Personnel) Courtney Morgan, I'm not sure that's possible. They flipped him in a short time. He went out there and fell in love with the place."

On Michigan Edge commit Kevonte Henry:

"Kevonte Herny is a freak athlete. He's so dynamic. That's another kid that's a steal for Michigan. He's an inner city kid that went to Locke before he transferred over to Leuzinger. Once he gets coaching, a weight room and a real meal plan, the sky is the limit for that guy. He carried the ball and gave us headaches at running back. He's an athlete. He's a plug and play guy. He has the athleticism to play anywhere on the field. Michigan is rolling right now, which is great to see."

On Michigan's recruiting efforts in Los Angeles:

"Michigan is doing a great job out here. I have a great relationship with Coach (Shaun) Nua. Courtney Morgan and I have had a great relationship for a decade now. He's doing a great job and really turning it up in the LA-area with recruiting. He's getting with Nua and making a dent out West. I'm a Michigan fan, so I want to see every kid go to Michigan (laughs)."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News