ADVERTISEMENT

Blake O'Neill

The Flag Flyers

Apr 13, 2015
Hey Guys,

I host a radio show in Melbourne, Australia called The Flag Flyers and last night we had on Blake O'Neill who just signed on as your punter for the upcoming season. It was a terrific chat and if you don't know too much about him, you'll certainly find out all you need to know after listening. All College Football fans in Australia will now be following the Wolverines very closely this season so hopefully the team finds a lot of success.

If you wanted to check out the chat you can find it here: https://audioboom.com/boos/3082258-blake-o-neill-on-the-flag-flyers

Thanks guys!

Thanks for posting on the UM Board

It's great that our college football has spread around to other countries. When I was in Fiji the standard debate was are U.S. football players as tough as Australian rule football and rugby players? You have a "down under" lad in San Francisco (wish the Lions would spent a few bucks for him) and a handful of kickers in the college system.

So I hope this opens UM to recruiting options with all the lads Down Under. We know that many S. Pacific Islanders have performed very well in the U.S., as well.

PS I'd play for Harbaugh if he asks.

Re: Thanks for posting on the UM Board

Yeah we're slowly getting there. College Football has been big here for a while but now we can get excited that our very own are actually heading over and making us proud. We love it!

The lad in San Francisco is a gem of an athlete. A freak rugby league player (the best player in the NRL and in his peak) but that transition is going to be interesting.

I'm sure that Blake can do what our other punters who went to Memphis, LSU, Hawaii etc have done and create a pathway within Michigan for future Australian punters. And if that happens, we'll be sure to get them on the show and let you guys know what type of character you'll be getting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT