ADVERTISEMENT

Belein and the 2015 Michigan basketball team...thoughts?

tarun262

All-League
Gold Member
Apr 9, 2007
If someone told you last year that we would lose - McGary, GR3, Stauskas, Morgan, Horford, LeVert, & Walton (basically 7 of our 9 players) and only have Spike and Zach returning - what would you have predicted our record to be?

Personally I would have said we would have gone 7-5 in the preseason and maybe 5-13 in the BIG. We are already past that number. Of all the years we have had JB as a coach, this might be his best job to date. If Levert was playing, I am 100% positive we would have had wins @MSU, @IL, and against Wisconsin - all 3 games we lost in OT. Have that in our record and we would have been a tourney team likely. Unreal.

Assuming Caris comes back next year, I think we can be really good. All our Frosh will have tons more experience, Duncan Robinson will play being able to shoot lights out. Doyle will be much better and I think primed for a great year. Spike, Zach, Caris and Walton leading the team will be huge as well. The hope is Chatman earns his ranking as opposed to being the Jared Ward of this decade. We could be a Top 15 team and a tough out.

Go Blue!

I agree that this might be Beilein's finest season coaching at UM...although that first team that made the NCAA tournament is also up there. We are not going to have a great record but I'm amazed he is able to compete against most teams with a roster lacking any star players with most being recruited as support players. I give JB a ton of credit!

Wasn't the fellow at Maryland now , as a senior, Smoytrzki(sp)

also on that list? "74

Re: Wasn't the fellow at Maryland now , as a senior, Smoytrzki(sp)

Yes but I think he transferred 2 years ago, not last year though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT