ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone surprised Countess is leaving?

Assuming we're going to actually try to have a pass rush this season, I thought he was going to have a good year.

I don't get what the deal is. Is he not doing well under the new staff? Does he want to play a year somewhere nice out in Cali or Florida and party it up? Was there a little "persuasion" involved?

I heard he might have had some problems with the new press coverage schemes. He might not have liked having Lyons transfer in.

I have heard comments that just make me shake my head at how worthless Clappy and staff were. Like Darboh saying this is the FIRST TIME the QBs are coached to not throw it as hard as they possibly can on short crossing routes. Seriously?
Then comments about how in spring this whole press technique thing was giving Countess trouble, as it was brand new. Um, weren't they going to press LAST year? Super genius Mattison didn't have them maybe working on that? And then they just scrapped it and went to the tried and true "DBs 10 yds off the line" strategy.

Sometimes people just need a change of scenery. He has a degree from a great university and more then likely he was not going to go Pro based on his first 4 seasons - does not shock me to see him to some place where maybe he could be the prime CB and give himself a better. I wish the kid luck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT