ADVERTISEMENT

A Blessed Thank you" to all who served this Memorial Day . *

how are you feeling, '74

Arrow, I have had my O2 liters increased to 6 Liters at rest and 8 Liters when doing anything. I have been put on Gabapentin for my cough and the pain I get in my rib cage . Both adjustments have been great. The increase in O2 came last Wednesday when I went to the Pull. Therapy . I was about to faint and they told me I was BLUE. Now I love Michigan and always sign off "God Bless and Go Blue" GBGB , but this blue was not good! That's when the head Therapist gave me a large blast of O2 and she went on the phone to contact my oxygen provider and Temple Lung to get a new script. Up until then I was on 2 L and pulse. Now I'm on continuous flow.

I have a consultation Friday with a Colonoscopy Dr. and Thursday with the Transplant team head, Dr. Albert MaMary. I begin a 5 day 8am until 5 Pm evaluation from June 29 to July 3. Then 3 more days the following week. To get on the list I have to be in good running order, or they must correct whatever is out of line before I get on the list. They say the evaluation is an ordeal and I have 3 people who have done it as fact. 1 got a transplant last November 6 when she was on death's bed. Over 20 L a minute and admitted ot Temple where they decided to go for it and It came that after a few weeks a MATCH came through.

Arrow I have had moments of tears since it has dawned on me like my love of Jesus on the cross for me a person also has to die to give me physical life now. That's hard to take and I know if it does happen it IS God's Will. God be with you, family , and thanks for the time to read this through. GBGB"74

Having lost a wife at age 39, having 3 heart attacks and a four-way bypass plus a few other things I thank the Lord every morning and evening for what he's given me, not what I've lost or have gone through.

I don't believe for a minute it's "God's will" that you are suffering. And I think we both understand that it's very difficult on the supporter network such as wives and kids. I love your attitude and although we've never talked you are in my morning and evening prayers for relief and a cure.

God speed and stay in touch.
AB

Good luck in your battle wolverines74. You've definitely been in my thoughts over the past months.

I'll echo what AB says about "not believing for a minute it's God's will that you are suffering." I do believe we were all made by God and I do believe in an afterlife.

But as a thought exercise: from a purely practical and analytical POV, physically immortal human beings just wouldn't work. Among other things: (1) We'd overpopulate the Earth (the Duggars alone would do it!). (2) We wouldn't progress socially (death actually promotes social progress: imagine if Americans from the 1850s were still around, they'd still advocate slavery. Often the best way to social progress is just for the misguided to gradually fade away). (3) Imagine if you were in a parking garage when a 9.0 earthquake hits and collapses the garage (you'd be trapped --- but alive --- potentially forever!).

Anyway, the point of that exercise is that physical suffering (and physical death) --- while they both suck, they sort of HAVE to be part of THIS world. I do think we are all immortal in the spiritual sense. Keep the faith, and best wishes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT