ADVERTISEMENT

2023-2024 Basketball Summary So Far

LenDaleWhite

Heisman
Gold Member
Nov 8, 2022
I guess everything is subject to change in this day and age but I'll assume Dug and Reed are staying. The way Tschetter is defending the program online, he looks to be back too. Jace is a given too return. Yoyo is expected back. GWIII is locked in.

There is some uncertainty on Kante (or maybe there isn't?). We also thought Hunter leaving was just a rumor, so we will see on that.

Going into the season, we were 1 over on scholarships. Someone had to leave to make room for the 2 man class. Barnes did that.

We have TWO spots to play with (llewellyn and Baker's spots).

That went back to ONE spot after we took Burnett.

That is BACK to TWO with Dickenson leaving.

Kobe leaving gives us THREE spots.

With the news that Baker's waiver is unlikely, that spot is likely going to be used on another player.

If Kante is not coming, that opens a FOURTH spot.

Status of Players after Dickenson departure.

Unsure of at this moment:
1. Twill: Most chatter had him being close to a degree and returning. However, he's been one guy that is buddies with Dickinson and you wonder if he moves on because of their close connection. Maybe he's close enough to a degree to take Spring and summer classes and grad transfer? Not sure.

2. Llewellyn: We have heard here that there mutual interest in returning. However, nothing been made official and we still active in the portal.

3. Glenn: Does he wait it out another year despite us looking for a portal 4 at his position?

Dug is the Point Guard. Reed is the new starting 5.

Nothing official yet with Kobe, but the current predictions are him leaving.

If he's back, the dynamic changes considerably.

Burnett is a 2 guard, probably also can play the 3.

Reed is not a 4 and played there out of need because other guys couldn't give us enough production on either end.

So the lineup is currently
1. Dug
2. Burnett
3. Unknown
4. Unknown
5. Reed

I'm not sold on GWIII being a guy ready from Day 1. I do like his overall game and think he will be a good player for us. I'd love for him to be a guy that can come off the bench and be a scorer. Hopefully we can grab a portal guy or two to be able to ease GWIII in.

We are currently digging in the portal.

Mack from Wofford is a 4, maybe but probably not 5 hybrid that we are working on. The quotes he did give about us mentioned being excited to play alongside Dickinson. So not sure if this recent news helps, hurts, or has no effect.

He can work in the post (a little small for that at 6'8 in the Big Ten), and has had good shooting numbers.

I'm guessing we also need another center from the portal and probably can't enter the season with just Kante as Reed's backup. We need a center regardless of whether Kante comes or not.

Definitely need another wing. It will be tough to replace Kobe, but that looks like what we are gonna have to do.

I like yoyo's potential and think he slots in as a 3. Getting a taller guard that can also play wing is ideal. (6'4 and above and is a ballhander).

Also another guard (Llewellyn or other Portal guard).

Worst case scenario is that we need 4 more portal additions (Llwellyn, twill/glenn, kobe, and Baker spots all not retained). That assumes Kante is in.

Some work to do and a lot of playing time to sell.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News